Study: High Testosterone Makes Men More Honest

I'll even admit I was guilty of it in the beginning, but most guys do with all the steroid hate propaganda out there. Now while on 200mg of test and 100mg/week of tren I'm as chill as a cucumber. And handle most situations in stride, overall just a happier more level headed person.

I decided to give tren another try after my last post. 175 mg/week is giving me a pretty dramatic effect with body recomposition. I'm not getting the side effects I had earlier with higher doses.

I'm single at the moment, which is why I gave it another try. I'd be hesitant to use even low dose tren if I was in a relationship.

You can definitely get the recomp effect at low doses; I notice it from about 40-50mg/wk...

You can definitely get the recomp effect at low doses; I notice it from about 40-50mg/wk...

Are you using tren enanthate? I hadn't heard of using doses that low. I'm on 25 mg/day tren ace for another couple months, but I picked up some tren e for future experiments. I was thinking of trying 100 mg/week along with 200 mg test cyp for my next cruise, assuming the blood work looks good.

Yeah enanthate, split twice a week usually. I rarely go over 125mg/wk Tren these days, still works well. You're going to use tren on a cruise?

I haven't decided about the cruise. I was just thinking about it. It depends on how I feel at the end of this cycle, how my bloodwork looks, and how close I am to my goals at the end of the cycle. It would be a one time thing if I do it.

I won't consider it if I find a new girlfriend by then. Even low dose tren seems to amplify my emotions. One little overreaction can ruin things with a new girl.

I'm not sure a cruise with tren in it could technically be called a cruise ;)

Whatever you decide to do, try to make sure you get at least a few decent months with test levels in normal physiological range mate. For your heart/cardiovascular health if nothing else.

200 mg of test cyp puts me in the 900 - 1000 range at 235 pounds. I don't really want to go lower, but I don't want to go higher either. High normal test levels seem best for me for quality of life. Supraphysiological levels give me more side effects than benefits.

The definition of "cruise" varies depending on which board you're on. Some people "cruise" on 500 mg test and 400 mg deca. Blasting means several grams. Experimenting with 200 mg test / 100 mg tren seems conservative from other points of view. I know it's not exactly TRT when you add tren.

Yeah I do agree with you, I'm just saying is all ;) Health issues aside, I usually advise against cruising with strong compounds or high doses because the best long-term results seem to come from shifting between physiological and supraphysiological doses.

Which makes sense when you consider that the body almost always (outside, say, cancer) seeks homeostasis, and both cellular growth and anabolic signalling mechanisms are either pulsatile or cyclical, not constant.

You can only overcome that plateau condition by periodically shifting global anabolic signalling - fostering your own pulsatile and cyclical patterns. And you can't do that as effectively with AAS (even megadosing) if you're always pushing supraphysiological doses.

I don't think the best results come from time off high doses. Higher doses for longer periods of time bring better results in terms of size and strength, assuming side effects aren't too bad. I've been on bodybuilding focused boards where a large number of posters are on 2 or more grams a week (total AAS) year round plus HGH and insulin. 2 grams is a "cruise", and 5 or 6 or more is a blast. The guys who can handle those doses get insanely large and lean. Some of them make it as professional bodybuilders. I don't think many guys would stay 300+ pounds at under 10% dropping back to human size test levels. They need high doses just to maintain their size.

I'm not like that. I can't handle high doses. I don't want to be anywhere near that large anyway. I'm worried more about health and longevity than getting as large as possible. My fitness goals are important, but health is the highest priority.

Let me get this straight: you're basing your insights on a forum full of 300+lb sub-10% guys who blast on 5-6 grams and cruise on 2? Sounds legit. This is one reason I try to avoid most mainstream forums nowadays. The level of delusional ego bullshit has gone insane.

Don't believe everything you read mate, more AAS does not simply equal more size or we'd all be Phil Heath just by upping the dose. The average real world Joe will do better over time with decent downtime and rebound, and does not require grams to maintain their gains. And that's before even putting health into the equation.

I don't mean it's right for 99% of people out there. I just think those doses (plus HGH / slin) might be needed for guys who want to compete at the top levels. I'm not like that, and I never will be. I'm way past the age of wanting to be as big as possible.

Being Phil Heath takes perfect genetics, a perfect diet, a hardcore training schedule, and high doses of drugs. High doses of drugs alone won't get most people to that level.

Interesting.

In my experience if half of my friends and other guys I know that get "roid rage" or "juiced up" when on 500mg of testosterone (lol) were to be administered the dose without them knowing then I could see it greatly benefiting them mentally. But the idea of being on gear psychologically makes some of them act retarded.

I'll even admit I was guilty of it in the beginning, but most guys do with all the steroid hate propaganda out there. Now while on 200mg of test and 100mg/week of tren I'm as chill as a cucumber. And handle most situations in stride, overall just a happier more level headed person.
with my experience as an AAS user to the max with observation of many people i knew doing it is if your an asshole somewhat or mostly to begin with then the testosterone will enhance that...NOW REMINDER the testosterone is NOT what causes those effects its the HIGH estrogen conversion that does...that is what causes and "rage", acne, gyno, ect....until I'm a blue lighter i can't post links for my research

on another not i read the Ops link and its a good read....there are always benefits and negatives to most things...we seem to dwell mostly on the bad. good to see something positive

Last edited:
I don't mean it's right for 99% of people out there. I just think those doses (plus HGH / slin) might be needed for guys who want to compete at the top levels. I'm not like that, and I never will be. I'm way past the age of wanting to be as big as possible.

Being Phil Heath takes perfect genetics, a perfect diet, a hardcore training schedule, and high doses of drugs. High doses of drugs alone won't get most people to that level.

That's the point though. What's optimal to the 0.1% who respond phenomenally well to AAS and become pros is not optimal for the rest of us. Not least because there's no point suffering all the downsides of negative side-effects, long-term harm and premature death, when you're going to have so little to show for it.

Slow, steady, year-upon-year consistency is what's required for the most optimal gains for most guys. The lazy hare taking 6g of this and that with overdosed cruise and every other drug thrown in will buy an initial advantage. But before long, the tortoise will overtake him, having learnt how his body responds and to grow, cut and maintain with minimal drugs and few sides.

Sigma male here - i've been on Test cyp injections for about a 6 months. decided to use it after a 4 year meth run that left me way underweight and weak.
Just food for thought - its not really "taking steroids" in the traditional sense if you use it to elevate your testosterone to THE HIGH END OF NORMAL LIMITS. normal limits are 200-1100. 200 T0 600 IS CONSIDERED HAVING LOW T
i was taking 1cc a week (as prescribed) for about 3 months then backed off to 1/2 a CC cuz i could tell the full CC was too much - i could feel it - hard to explain, just intuition. seriously anyone taking more than 1/2 a CC a week is really over doing and taking it for the wrong reasons I dont care what anyone says. ... been on 1/2 cc for 3 months had blood work done only to find out im at 1475 so now backing down to 1/4 cc a week. just think 1/4 to 1/2 cc thats nothing and the benefits are tremendous. ive put on 25 good pounds i feel good not exceptional just good. im not angry or more boastful or irritatingly arrogant... I'm still me just in better shape. i enjoy the energy i have now. i enjoy going to the gym and seeing results. i consciously only spend 30-45 minutes at the gym and force myself to leave no matter what or where im at in my work out. i could work out all day.if that tells you anything.
i swore to myself i was not going to allow this drug convince me to become some puffed up roid head gazing endlessly at myself in the gym mirror. fucking gross. the vanity of that is just beyond me. And most chicks dont dig those types anyway.
oh and it hasnt made me hyper horny either - Everything in moderation. i should ad im 52 years old. 5'7 165lbs before the testosterone therapy i was145pounds. FOR ONCE ITS NICE TO DO A DRUG (WITHIN the BOUNDARIES) THAT DOESNT DESTROY YOUR LIFE!!! i highly recommend it - get your blood work done see where you are at or dont - just try it as i described its no big deal if you dont use ridiculously high doses - thanks for letting me talk to much

Reactions: CFC
i swore to myself i was not going to allow this drug convince me to become some puffed up roid head gazing endlessly at myself in the gym mirror. fucking gross. the vanity of that is just beyond me

Glad you're feeling better mate! FWIW there are many other reasons for being a puffed up roid head than purely vanity and ogling one's self in the mirror my friend lol. I'm not saying some bodybuilders aren't vain, but then so are just as many other people. Passions, interests and hobbies take many forms, and the act and process of bodybuilding can feel like a tremendous achievement, which is why it's such a rewarding form of exercise and a great anti-depressant.

I rarely tread these parts. This is an interesting read though, and actually makes sense.