Stuck lost and confused. Advice would be priceless.

LM8977

Greenlighter
Hi. I?m hoping I?ve come to the right place for some advice. Basically I?m just worried and concerned about what the actual best thing is to do to help him because I feel I don?t know enough to know for sure what to think.
if I think he?s using do I need to leave him to enable him to find himself and get better in his own time? Problem is he denies using anything other than his methadone and a bit of weed but his body language and the way he presents sometimes definitely looks like he?s using something. It?s obviously easy on this side Of things to be too suspicious or paranoid or doubtful. I don?t want to make any decisions based on a feeling without knowing if it it just in my head or not.

But for example, he has his dose of methadone in the morning around 10am. He?s been on maintenance for a few years now. His dose is 44ml. Can anyone tell me why his pupils are more pinned 18 hours after he?s had the methadone than they are an hour after? Could this really just be methadone like he tries to tell me it is or does it suggest other opioid use? He knows I have no previous knowledge or experience on methadone and heroin etc. He sits there at night nodding in an out of consciousness, looks like he?s asleep but still responds when I talk to him and he says this is just because he is tired. But in my experience you don?t stay conscious if your that tired, you just fall asleep.

I hope this isnt isn?t an inappropriate thread. Any advice or insight would be hugely appreciated to help me figure out what on Earth I?m supposed to do. I feel totally alone with all this as my partner just gets angry when I ask questions.

Hi!
If it comes to a point in which you need to check his pupils during day and he is nodding off I would say that you have a real concern if he is using.

Although methadone saturates opioid receptors at maintenance levels he might also be using something to boost effects of methadone such as benzos and/or Lyrica as getting nod while on methadone would require a lot of other opioids if those are only being used.

Do they drug test him on the clinic? You could ask for the results if they do.

He only sees his methadone dr like once every 2 months and gets take home weekly prescriptions so I’ve assumed it would be quite easy for him to get his system clean for his drug test every 2 months? He flatly refuses to admit to using anything other than methadone but the more I learn the more I understand that he would most likely not be nodding off like that if he was only on methadone maintenance.
His pupils are usually pinned in the day time but only late at night do they go super super pinned. Same time the nodding off starts to happen.