View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Stuck in a trip

Shakesisbaked

Greenlighter
Okay baisically I haven't come down fully from acid I did over 72 hours ago. I did 2 hits 6 days ago and then 1 hit 4 days ago. There wasn't any 'Bad trip' or any bad vibes for that matter, and the trip was nice, but not anything too mind blowing. Im an experienced user but whats really wierd is I haven't fully come down since the last hit. Since then all writing (especially on computer screens) has been all wobbly, like it is on a low dose of acid. Its not like im stuck in a trip or anything, I just can't stop writing from going all wibbley. I feel totally normal. Anyone got any ideas on why this is and how to stop it?

I usually feel subtle residual trippyness for a few days (sometimes even a few weeks) after taking LSD. It always goes away with time, I bet your issues will dissipate soon. :)

If its distressing, a benzo (like valium or xanax) will calm you down enough to ride through the after-effects comfortably.

No its not in any way distressing. It was just slightly worrying seeing as i have never had this before and was kinda wondering will it ever go away :S

Yes, it will go away.

After-effects like that are quite common. Just lay off drugs for a while and work on integrating the experience, you will be a-okay. :)

If it starts to bother you too much you can always hit the neuroleptics and suffer the consequences.

Yes I remember sometimes having residual effects lasting a couple days after taking acid. I would have memory problems at school. Once I completely forgot my locker combination. A couple times I walked into the right classroom only at the wrong period. It might help to drink loads of water plus take vitamins if you don't already. xo Theresa

its perfectly ok,nothing bad... it will go away soon.I learned to love it :)

can this happen with mescaline also, say have effects a week after or so

It could be a fake acid RC blotter containing the DOx chemical. They last for a good 36 hours sometimes (my friend tripped DOC & it lasted 36 hours)

Cheers, its probably not anything to worry about, its not affected my days at all. Its just 82 hours later and I still have some residual effects that dont seem to be getting any less with each day, and ive never gone to sleep and woke up still tripping before. All the acid i've done recently has been the same stuff and im pretty sure its not an RC, however the tabs are bitter and we have wondered a few times if this could me the case. I could probably stay like this for the rest of my life and it not have any effect whatsoever, its just a bit strange thats all. The only thing I can think might have affected it is doing ketamine with my last trip, but I can't really see how that would prolong the effects.

is it just an inability to focus, cos for the past couple of years every time i defocus things start to move, swirl, warp and ripple, sometimes stronger when emotional or high. its not that bad, everything kinda vibrates like ur looking at a static background on tv and real life is layed over it and the more u stare at one point the more intense it gets, kinda like having a visuals theatre u can switch on at any time. im pretty sure its hppd cos it never happened b4. if its really disturbing you and disrupting everyday life and ur still plateued properly then its prob time to see a psychiatrist but if its just a bit of visual disturbance here and there then u should be ok in a week or so and if not learn to live with it and love it :) trust me it helps when ur bored and waitin for a bus!

This actually happens a lot with acid. You didn't do any brain damage, go crazy, or any other bad scenario like that. There could be some residual acid in your system plus once you take acid and it "opens the doors" to the hallucinogenic state sometimes the door stays open just a little bit resulting in slight wiggles, movement, trails, and other stuff like that. As long as the hallucinations aren't seriously and inherently terrifying in some manner and you are able to communicate, etc. then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I actually have had a very mild "perma-trip" for about a year now. Not that I'm still tripping from acid I took over a year ago, but if I look at stuff it moves a little sometimes. It isn't "HPPD" unless the hallucinations are scary and it doesn't sound like yours are. Things like you described are extremely common in people who took acid (probably happens to over half of people who are "experienced" with it).

Have you been sleeping and eating properly since the trip?

I've had trips last a couple of days or longer by not partaking in these needs. It seems to keep me in a slightly manic and tripped out state until making the come down with some food and rest.