• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

stronger PM than Oxycontin

oxyfen

Bluelighter
Hello friends, I am taking 4-80mg Oxycontin every 6 hours and 2-20mg oxycodone 3X day.
I know to some people this is not much "PM's" (Pain Meds). I started @ 10mg Lortab 4X day in 1992.
I have the most damage they have ever seen and still able to walk.
The OC's are not working as well anymore and I do not want more meds but less meds that are stronger. I hope this makes sense but is there stronger PM's that I can take less of and get better relief? I was on the fentanyl patches but they leave sores on my skin.
I like to take meds in pill factor because I can take it when it hurts and with the patches that is all you get so pill work better for me. Does anyone have any suggestions and experience with other PM's I have not tried or know of. My Pain management doctor is a regular MD, he take took over from the last pain management doctor an just continued my prescriptions. He has raised them but as a lot of doctors they do not like increasing these narcotics. The reason for the change was it is so much easier on me, he is 2 miles from my house and my pharmacy is located next door so
it is very convenient vs my last doctor which was 15 miles and getting prescriptions filled always took at the least
45mins. It is so crowded that they give every person those electric pagers and when they go off you get in the same
line you started and get your meds. I believe I about covered it and if there are any questions please ask.

best regards

Last edited:
When you talk to your doctor, tell him that the oxy is not working as well. Oxymorphone (opana) is a stronger pain killer and he might be willing to switch you and see how it helps.

btw is there a conversion from what I am now taking to Oxymorphone, a round about % would be great and also will break through meds be necessary?

Oxymorphone 10mg always worked better for my mom rather than her script of oxycodone 30mg.
My mom now get fentanyl patches (I probably spelt that wrong.) and they seem to help, but always make her sleep on day 2 and day 3 of wearing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my script changed from 80mg Oxycontin 4xd to 40mg Oxymorphone 4xd and the O'hone cannot even touch the pain relief I get from the O'tin. Why is it said that O'hone is twice as strong as O'tin when it is completely false, I have taken two O'hone in the morning and it still hasn't match the help I get from one 60mg O'tin. I took 2 40mg O'hone 30mins apart this morning and I had to take a 60mg O'tin to get enough relief to get up, it is like the 2 O'hone's had absolutely no effect.

I was shocked of the difference, O'hone is crap and no way even close to the relief O'tin provides. I will never recommend O'hone. It is completely SHIT!

I am returning to O'tin until I can find something better.