• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Strobe vision

tullysmith123

Greenlighter
Hi guys I need some serious help. I will be here to clear anything up if it is not clear. Basically I smoked weed quite a bit and then one time it heavily affected my vision. I got this strobe effect where things were moving in frames. It is actually still there now sober and has been there. Does anyone else have this and can help? I have taken LSD and do not have HPPD because this affect does not go under any category for HPPD, plus i dont have any other symptoms, no tracers or anything. I am curious if anyone has gone through this.

Only thing close to this I've experienced is when I'm neck-deep in anxiety and trying to go to bed, when I close my eyes I see flashing lights. Eyes completely closed and it's like someone's flashing a strobe light right behind my eyelids.

Doc said it was a direct symptom of my anxiety. Brain was overworking itself and trying to make sense out of the nothingness my eyes were "seeing." Makes it a bitch to fall asleep at night, too.

Having my life turn into like a stop-motion video, though? Nah, never happened to me.

I've never gotten "strobe vision" from lsd or weed alone but after using a bunch of mdma over the course of a few months smoking weed and drinking would make me feel like I was going to faint or have a seizure.

Also I remember when I first started smoking I would get something similar but not nearly as intense, and never to the point of actually getting dizzy or feeling like I was going to faint. Just felt really fucked up and uncoordinated

sometimes my vision 'flutters/glitches/strobes/flashes' a bit. nothing distracting or worrying. :)

i don't know what's caused it and i'm not sure whether or not hallucinogenic use has caused it. :?

i haven't heard of weed giving anyone strobe vision that continues once it wears off.

if i haven't got high in a while, and i smoke too much then stand up too quickly sometimes my blood pressure will be too low and i'll see everything in black and white, similar to what you see when you are exercising too hard.

i'll see everything in black and white, similar to what you see when you are exercising too hard.

That sounds cool as shit, though.

When I exercise too hard or stand up too fast, I start to see fast moving, multi-colored "stars" and my vision starts to fade. That hasn't happened in a looooooong time now.... usually when I haven't eaten or am dehydrated.

I've never even had a black and white dream. :(

That sounds cool as shit, though.

When I exercise too hard or stand up too fast, I start to see fast moving, multi-colored "stars" and my vision starts to fade. That hasn't happened in a looooooong time now.... usually when I haven't eaten or am dehydrated.

I've never even had a black and white dream. :(

aha i think we are prbly seeing the similar low blood pressure phenomenon. i didn't mean that everything goes B&W as in a weird photoshop effects trip. but more as if everything in my field of vision becomes static like a TV screen getting no signal. yeh it hasn't happened in a long time for me either

A given symptom of HPPD doesn't have to fall under any specific category. Different people get different symptoms, and you'd be surprised how difficult it would be to find two people who experienced the exact same stimuli the exact same way. It's simply any visual hallucination that you can tell apart from reality, that you did not have before using hallucinogens. I have very mild HPPD (doesn't classify as actual HPPD because it doesn't get in the way of my daily life) and one of my symptoms is very similar to what you describe. Also, some people who don't ordinarily experience HPPD can experience it only after smoking weed.

/\how long does someone need to have these before they are considered "persisting"? would just simply still having them when you are sober for a few days be considered persisting?

I've had this happen when I was extremely stoned, and I had smoked an Indica, or a nice Indica/Sativa hybrid. It was not from anxiety, and I have never really had this happen while sober unless I was extremely tired and had stayed up without sleep working on a project for classes.