• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

street heroin clogging needle

Kirkland1741

Greenlighter
hello everyone, im a street heroin user and recently had an issue with my supply. for some reason it clogs my syringe every time i do a shot. rarely i will work if i firce the plunger down, obviously this creates a huge issue in my life. it sucks up fine into the needle but when i got to push the shot in it wont budge. my assumption id theirs some sort of cutting agent in it making the heroin do this. if theirs any advice you guys can provide please do. i do 1 gram shots and the only one having this issue. its because i do such large shots, people who do smaller amounts in their shots dont have this issue. any ideas on how to make my dope more liquid and less syrup or how to remedy this issue?

Is it drawing up cloudy? And what type of cotton do you use to draw it up? My connections, despite endless snarky comments from me about it, continue to use cuts that make things mix up cloudy. If I don't use a new, large cotton every time, the particulates will clog it outright, or make it clog several times while I'm trying to push in. All the exchanges give out these tiny little cottons that are absolutely useless for dealing with these cuts. Cigarette filters are equally useless. But cotton from (preferably sterile) cotton balls tightly packed will draw a clear solution that doesn't clog from even goopy looking dope. You still need to draw up carefully; have the canula at the wrong angle and particulates flow in and cloud it up, leading to clogs.
There's more techniques to fight cloudy, clog causing shots but I've never found them necessary for run of the mill gooped up street dope. But if it's still cloudy, you can pack a syringe to 10 units with tight cotton and filter through as many of those as needed to clear it up.

If it's actually a thick syrup then you really just need a new connect, but I've never seen such a cut in 13 years of IV'ing. Have seen soap, gak to near solid, all kinds of goops, a clear cut that left you gasping for air.. but never actual syrups.

hello everyone, im a street heroin user and recently had an issue with my supply. for some reason it clogs my syringe every time i do a shot. rarely i will work if i firce the plunger down, obviously this creates a huge issue in my life. it sucks up fine into the needle but when i got to push the shot in it wont budge. my assumption id theirs some sort of cutting agent in it making the heroin do this. if theirs any advice you guys can provide please do. i do 1 gram shots and the only one having this issue. its because i do such large shots, people who do smaller amounts in their shots dont have this issue. any ideas on how to make my dope more liquid and less syrup or how to remedy this issue?

Well
If people using the same stuff but in smaller amounts are not having problems then you either need to do what they are and use less per shot (and just do multiple shots), or if you have a big enough syringe use more water until you're close to the water ratio they are at

I do know what you mean, when I used to IV that occasionally happened that you couldn't do a bunch of bags in say a 20 unit shot (due to the cut making the liquid "thick"). So I would add more water to it and poof ! Worked great

If your friends are doing half gram shots fine in 40 units but you're clogging in 40, do your g in 80 units (same ratio as them).

That helped me with the issue. And the few times it happened to me it wasn't cloudy just "thick "

hey thanks for the replies. i do my gram in 90 to 100 unit shots so theirs no room for adding water, i use multiple cottons to filter it. after i draw it up it is clear amber. theirs no chunks flosting around to clog it so i dont understand. sometimes i can force it in but only in short quick bursts and not very often. i dont get it. ive never ran into issues like this even with very syrupy tar.

Well you could switch to 3cc syringes. Although best I've ever seen is 25gx3cc, which even on the first use left a hole so big the blood squirted a few feet. But if you can order online, you can use luer-lock rigs where you can buy barrel and needle seperate, and attach a 27-28g needle to a 3cc rig.

This may also be addressable just by going down to 27g if you're using 30-31g. Bigger needle = bigger fluid path. Also if you're not hitting right away but getting a little blood in the bottom, you need to mix it up after *every attempt* or the blood can clot and clog.

You can draw it up, can you then shoot it back out into another spoon or bag without it clogging?

If you can then it may be your blood reacting with something when you draw it back into the rig, it reacts creating particles that are getting stuck preventing the shot perhaps?

Please use micron filters if you have to inject street drugs or pills. All you need is a credit card and about a dollar for each one and they last for a long time.

I've never injected, but I imagine that even if the particulate matter isn't clogging your syringe that it's building up in your cardiovascular system.

^A pharmacy safe mid nineties, medical grade Heroin and cocaine too.

use a 3cc syringe w/ 27g needle or even, if you don't shoot up super often (more than once a day), and have good veins, if you can't find a 27 a 25 would probably be fine. I've shot up w/ a 25g plenty of times and had not too many problems ...that's the upper limit though because 20-22g on the other hand ...never again. fucking horse needles. literally. acquired from tractor supply. =/
but yeah look for a 3cc 27g rig.

Believe it or not, I've used a 19gauge for an IM injection for a testosterone shot with no pain - you just gotta commit use enough force for a smooth entry. I used to use 19's to draw up my gear and typically use a 21 gauge for my IM shots, a 23 if I was feeling kind lol.

But the largest needle I have used for IV was a 21 gauge. My favoured vein easily takes it, painless too but once again you have to commit to it and use consistent pressure on entry. But yes typically I use what a lot of you guys know as a 1ml (cc) insulin syringe for IV use....but in Australia diabetics typically use the 'pen' which takes a little vial of 'slin and you have a little dial which you can set the amount to be injected, only the needle tips and vials are changed out. They're a very cool piece of kit if you ask me.

Have you guys got the retractable 1ml (one use only) syringes that retract the needle tip once you fully press the plunger in the needle retracts itself? It was introduced to encourage the use of a new rig for each shot AND to prevent needle stick injuries to folks who stand on one because some piece of trash threw it on the ground instead of disposing of it properly. Wankers.

Believe it or not, I've used a 19gauge for an IM injection for a testosterone shot with no pain - you just gotta commit use enough force for a smooth entry. I used to use 19's to draw up my gear and typically use a 21 gauge for my IM shots, a 23 if I was feeling kind lol.

But the largest needle I have used for IV was a 21 gauge. My favoured vein easily takes it, painless too but once again you have to commit to it and use consistent pressure on entry. But yes typically I use what a lot of you guys know as a 1ml (cc) insulin syringe for IV use....but in Australia diabetics typically use the 'pen' which takes a little vial of 'slin and you have a little dial which you can set the amount to be injected, only the needle tips and vials are changed out. They're a very cool piece of kit if you ask me.

Have you guys got the retractable 1ml (one use only) syringes that retract the needle tip once you fully press the plunger in the needle retracts itself? It was introduced to encourage the use of a new rig for each shot AND to prevent needle stick injuries to folks who stand on one because some piece of trash threw it on the ground instead of disposing of it properly. Wankers.

19g for IM shots, sure, I can see that. but for IV?? like I said I've used a 20g/5cc horse needle/syringe to IV w/ for a time when I couldn't get insulin syringes and it is not an experience I hope to repeat anytime soon. the maaarks man. and I swear it seemed like I would have lost half my shot in the blood that poured out after retracting the needle, never even mind the shit that stayed in the rig; drawing back twice was a must as unhealthy as that is. oddly enough though I never had much trouble actually hitting. go figure.

quite a few diabetics, especially children and adolescents, use the pen type injector here in the states, but most pharmacies still always carry a variety of actual syringes. I've never even heard of the "retracting" single use only rig though, that's fucked up.