• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Strange substance being sold as fentanyl... please help

vanitykitty25

Greenlighter
So I'm aware that this is not even close to the best way to identify a substance, however, It's driving me crazy not knowing and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

This all started about 3 months ago. Kitty was a heroin addict for about 3 years and got clean with methadone. Kitty started doing really well at work and had a lot of extra income, and started using recreationally again. Unfortunately in this city it's pretty much impossible to find heroin anymore because all everyone has is fentanyl. So kitty did what everyone else does and just started buying the fent. Keep in mind she is also taking 90 mg methadone daily. When I say kitty was doing well at work I'm not kidding, and she started spending around $600 each time she wanted to get high, finishing off a ball in about a half hour each time. Nothing too concerning happened for a while other than kitty feeling bad about having relapsed, until one day. Kitty and her boyfriend had been seeing a new dealer for a few weeks and kitty didn't feel like she could trust her but she hadn't done anything wrong yet, so she let it go. She picked up a half ball and did about half of that in one shot (she is an IV user). Sometimes kitty gets pins and needles after shooting up which she hates. This is the first thing she remembers. She then got up, feeling VERY strange, and started to feel like she might be about to overdose... she had that feeling like right when you're about to black out, but that didn't happen. Instead, she started to hear a very LOUD and high pitched ringing soud. She immediately realized she had not injected fent, or any kind of opiate for that matter, and she was terrified. Kitty is NOT experienced with many drugs. She doesn't smoke weed, doesn't like stimulants, and is terrified of anything that makes her hallucinate. She immediately looked to her boyfriend for help, and when she started to speak to him she realized that she couldn't hear her own voice over the ringing. (Her boyfriend later told her she was literally screaming at the top of her lungs). She started screaming "what is this????" And when he just kept saying "what do you mean, it's fentanyl" (he had not done his own shot yet due to all the commotion ) she started screaming "HELP ME". She doesn't know what she was expecting him to do, she just remembers feeling so scared that she was on a drug and she didn't know what it was, what it was going to do to her or how long it would last. The ringing in the ears wouldn't stop and her body just felt so weird. Like small parts of her skin were moving in different directions, trying to tear away from her. Everything in her apartment looked strange and foreign. She walked into her bedroom hoping it would calm her down but the room had "bad vibes". It was night time and kitty was suddenly very aware of this. She started to feel like she wasn't in reality anymore. Even though everything in her apartment looked the same she was convinced that this wasn't reality somehow. She layer on the bed and continued to scream "help me" and "make it stop" to her boyfriend, who honestly did a fuxking horrible job of calming her down and basically told her she was going to alert the neighbors and whatever this was she just had to "shut up and ride it out". This scared her even more because she couldn't imagine living in this hell any longer. She would go back and forth between realizing she had injected something that was giving her a bad trip and didn't know what it was, and feeling like she in this fake version of her own home. At one point she forced herself to vomit, only realizing halfway through that she had injected these drugs and not injested them, and that vomiting would do nothing to help. She would go back and forth between sitting down in different places to pacing around. The ringing in her ears lasted the whole time. Every part of her body felt strange - when he thigh touched her other thigh, it didn't feel right. Her clothes touching her skin didn't feel right. She also had a very strong metallic taste in her mouth that would not go away. She then started thinking that she should knock herself unconscious so she wouldn't have to feel like this. This is when she ran up to her boyfriend, grabbed his hands and started hitting herself with them. She realizes this makes no sense but at the time she believed he could "knock" her sober. All in all this really bad part lasted about 30-40 mins. She then felt the same effects, just much less intense, for another 3-4 hours. The next day she felt like a dark cloud was all around her. She felt scared, anxious and depressed. She was unusually clingy with her boyfriend and didn't want to be without him. This experience made her refuse to go back to this dealer, who insisted that she had gone to a new guy for the first time and didn't know this would happen.

Fast forward a few weeks, kitty and her boyfriend have picked up from their regular guy. Her boyfriend takes his shot first and as she's prepping hers, he stops her. "You won't like this" He says to her. She starts to panic immediately and doesn't do the shot. Her boyfriend starts to tell her what he is experiencing, and it is exactly what happened to her a few weeks prior. He took much less than she did so the effects were not as severe, and he was clearly very uncomfortable. He kept telling her it was like when he took Special k (he did NOT mean the effects were similar, he meant it made him feel just as uncomfortable) and that he was just pissed off that he had to experience this trip that made him feel shitty and just wanted it to be over. After this, kitty started to become very paranoid whenever she used and made her boyfriend test all the dope first. She had never felt like this in 4 years before. In fact she never even considered the possibility that she would be sold something that wasn't what she asked for and never worried about it. Now she worried about it all the time.

A few weeks later, a friend claimed to have a connect for good heroin. Kitty was all over this since it's so hard to get now. She took her shot before her boyfriend this time, and to her dismay, the EXACT same thing that happened before happened again. This time she felt both scared and defeated , and simply told her boyfriend "I'm not ok", before curling up in the fetal position and texting a friend to come get her (she wanted to be distracted).

Kitty has refused to do any drugs since this happened. In a way it might be a good thing, because now she has all her carries back and isn't spending so much money. But it bothers her all the time not knowing what she was given.

She's just curious if anyone has had a similar experience and what it was like, and if they ever found out what they were given. Or if anyone knows what she might have been given (she understands she must take this with a grain of salt)

Additionally, she's worried about her boyfriend. He's continued to use and she is convinced that he's being sold something strange. He often comes over after shooting up and is shaking and twitching. She's never seen opiates make a person twitch like that. He also sometimes hallucinates and tries to pick up things that arent there, stares at hia hands for hours and barges into her room when she's sleeping thinking that they are going somewhere and asks why she's not ready. He also complains that his heart is racing and sometimes hypervenalates . It's gotten to the point where she's asked him not to come over when he's been using, something she would never have had to do before when she knew what he was taking. She's positive there is no way that what he's being sold is an opiate. However, her boyfriend is mentally ill and tends to prefer anything to being sober. She's sure that he must realize what she has but just doesn't care because at least he's fucked up.

She's also wondering if a marquis kit could help her out? She'd be willing to go buy a point to test it if she could just have some peace of mind about what the hell this stuff is.

The other thing is kitty has lost two people very close to her within two months. The first was a close friend who overdosed. He was a heroin addict as well and so it was assumed that's what killed him. Until the autopsy they couldn't identify what drugs he had taken. Another friend who was a heavy daily user died after taking an amount that should have barely gotten him high. She doesn't know the results of that autopsy.

Kitty is sure that there are drugs being sold in her city as heroin and fentanyl that are something else. She's worried for her boyfriend and friends and wishes she just knew what the hell was given to her those days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus that's scary alright. Can you divulge your location by city or state ? It might be of help to other BL'ers in your area. The links below can guide you to a testing service. Please let us know what it was if you do go through with having a sample tested. I hope your BF is persuaded to abstain from whatever the hell that crap is. Best of Luck to You Kitty

http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/818...-Testing-300-drugs-Drug-Checking-Crowdfunding

https://energycontrol-international.org/drug-testing-service/faq/

Buy a test kit yooo

Availible all over the Internet, perfectly legal, and nowhere near $600.

Bluelight doesn't allow for substance id as its impossible and dangerous from behind a computer screen.

Fair enough. wasn't aware of that, very new to Bluelight!

Definitely will be getting a testing kit. I'm not sure if they are sold in stores in my area but can always order online

Buy a test kit yooo

Bluelight doesn't allow for substance id as its impossible and dangerous from behind a computer screen.

"Testing fee (70 EUR): This includes all tests required to have a complete result: qualitative analysis and quantitative when possible, performed with GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, etc, depending on the sample. Results are received through e-mail in a text format."

70 Euros is hardly $600 dollars

https://energycontrol-international.org/drug-testing-service/submitting-a-sample/

Kitty, the problem you could encounter is having to test every batch. It's a bad time to be a heroin user and I wouldn't want to be in your shoes now. Also, just speak in the first person. Welcome to Bluelight and be safe!

I dont know if we're just of different wave lengths here or something, I know so many that have died from fent using tenth grams at a time of supposed H some of which apparently contained a fraction of fent.... and even if it way only real H, over a gram at a time could kill the most hardened user ive ever known....I'd be so careful, what ever is going on there sounds ridiculous... I realize things differ depending where you are but that is a huge amount especially if you expect fent, what ever that stuff is... maybe I'm just sheltered

Reguardless test will tell what it is

Buy a test kit yooo

Are you agreeing with me?? Lol

No, I would go for GC/MS over a test kit because of the OP's bizarre reaction to the Not Heroin.

I was suggesting to the OP that since money doesn't seem to be a big problem, having her sample tested would save having to decipher through 400+ possible reagent results. 70 euros or $78 seems fairly reasonable for a result that's of a forensic standard. This stuff doesn't sound like Fent at all and is probably something obscure, making a simple reagent test lacking as compared to Gas Chr./Mass Spec.

T Calderone has a point about it being a one shot deal though. Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

Just wanted to update.. after my boyfriend ended up in a coma for 4 days after doing a tenth of the amount he usually does in a day, I've found a lab that will test the remainder of the drugs he had on him that day. I also bought a point from two different dealers just to have those tested as well. Prior to the coma he complained that he had lost the use of his legs, and spent an hour on my floor asking me what happened to him and why he could see through the walls. He also spent most of his time on the floor believing he was playing with his old dog that he hasn't had for over two years. I'm sure we all know this is not an opiate reaction. I'm deadly scared for all the people who this shit is being sold to.

Searching thru old threads, i found this....
2 of my last 4x ive gotten something very similar to this in the Badlands. Thought i was going out, had a friend ready with the ol nose pump in case but stayed conscious. Somewhere between nitrous, LSD, and bedspins. Id really like to know if anyone has any clue as theres been all kinds of crap here from carfent, dust, salts, and miscellaneous powders found here.
Any help is appreciated!

Yeah, if you're in the southwest, which it sounds like you are, based on the fact that you said that you can only find fentanyl anymore, they cut a lot of shit with bath salts around here. The meth in Arizona, a lot of it is basically bath salts, and that shit drives people insane. You shot up bath salts, I bet.

Im in Philthadelphia, but i had a feeling it was that. Thanks for the fast reply. Theres a few ppl i know waiting to hear from me.