View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Strange strange trip. Escaping duality, letting go and accepting oneness

Loopdedoop

Greenlighter
Escaping duality, letting go and oneness. Has anyone else had this experience?

It was my friend's first time so my bf and I got some lsd from a friend and he said he wasn't sure if the cubes had 2 hits or 4. We were listening to some tunes when my bf felt like he was in a thought loop. I offered to play something else and for some reason my bf didn't hear what I was playing, instead he heard weird voices and wasn't sure what it was. I stood up and all of a sudden I felt a rush and jolt like I was being propelled through the universe, suddenly I felt a bang or explosion and it felt like it the world had ended. It was like a rip down the middle of the room and I was in the middle of the rip and my body was torn into pieces. I heard a voice telling me "it will be over in no time, it will be quick" I felt the worst pain I had to ever felt in my head and then blackness, like that voice was referring to my death being quick but had the reassurance that I would come back. It was like someone was moving my soul from this reality into another reality where the world didn't end at that exact moment, but was close enough to being the same reality I was already in, like that someone thought I wouldn't remember dying, but I vividly do. When my bf helped me up I could still feel the flesh and blood all over my body from the explosion but it wasn't there anymore.
This happened a few more times, but I didn't die again and there wasn't an explosion, I just saw the world about to end and I needed to get to the right side of the rip/split in the room to stay alive. The rip/split was kind of like a mirror and for some reason I was always on the wrong side of it. It was terrifying. There was a moment where I made it across to the right side just before the split happened and it cut off my shoulder, another where my cat was on the other side and I couldn't save her, and all the while I kept aging rapidly, watching my cat, dog and eventually my bf slip away. I kept seeing all the ways the world would end and at one point, I ran out of the house and screamed "this is the reality where it happens" I think I was referring to another reality where the world ended, I ran out chasing after something or someone, I think it was my bf, and as I ran outside I witnessed spring turn to fall and fall turn to winter with the ground and trees covered in snow only to hear my bf behind me bringing me back to actual reality where there wasn't any snow. Each time I witnessed the world ending, my bf brought me back to what was real by holding me and helping me let go. He also witnessed time going in reverse and we both realized that our souls are one, though he didn't see the duality I saw after I imagine was ego death. We talked later about what I might have seen, was I running after kids we had in another reality? Our cat or dog getting hit by a car? What would have happened if a car drove by at the exact moment I ran into the street? What was actually happening? Are we all just other versions of each other and how many outcomes are there? Do each of these outcomes have a different reality?
Later my bf told me that when I stood up our friend threw up, I feinted, which was at the moment I first died and saw the universe and was put into a new body. He said right before that moment he heard me saying "oh no oh no" with dread or doubt, then my friend threw up and that's when everything started.
While it seems like it was initially a bad trip, I actually learned a lot about letting go, realizing we are all one and I'm still looking back on this experience like it was a few hours ago.
I'm still trying to piece a lot of it together because I think there is a lot of information my mind was trying to tell me. And I have been researching similar experiences though I can't seem to find many of this magnitude.
I did learn, and I think it is super important, that where there is doubt, there is duality and my brain was and has been filled with a lot of doubt in my past that I am now letting go. My bf said the pain I felt when I felt death or when I was trying to get from one side to the other and felt my shoulder get cut off was probably my brain trying to split, getting caught thinking that there are two sides to things rather than just accepting the one truth and letting go of good vs. evil.
Has anyone else ever experienced this or something similar?

Last edited:
Sounds like 4 hits - but also it sounds a lot like a salvia trip that would not quit! (they usually only last 10 mins, but often the world splits or cracks and songs sound like something completely other than music)
Hope you liked it!

Sounds like 4 hits - but also it sounds a lot like a salvia trip that would not quit! (they usually only last 10 mins, but often the world splits or cracks and songs sound like something completely other than music)
Hope you liked it!

I can't say it was enjoyable at the moment, but definitely taught me a few important life lessons and helped me understand some things that were deeply rooted in my past. Since, I've started reading the Perennial Philosophy by Huxley and have been doing everything I can to live life with positivity and trying to spread that positivity. I feel like that experience was the most scared I had ever been and had been subconsciously living my life in fear. Now I'm working towards eliminating that fear, so enjoyable...no, but is life more enjoyable now...definitely yes!