• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Strange side effects

superelephant

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, it's been awhile.

My cannabis use has been consistent for the past 8+ years, daily at least the last 5+ years. I didn't start having this issue until about a year ago and I'm still not sure what is going on.

Over the past year maybe year and a half, I have begun to come across bud I believe is tainted in some way. I'm not sure how but I have very strange side effects when it is smoked. The thing about it is it's not all bud that has this issue. Some bags I get are normal. (a good high, whether indica or sativa, that I am very familiar with and no debilitating side effects to speak of)

I am going to try and articulate what is happening, but I don't know if anyone will understand as I've attempted to do this in person but no one is able to confirm that they have a similar experience. (Although, I have given some to people and after a few days they let me know that it's not that great of quality. I ask them why and they just say that it stopped getting them as high but that's all that they are able to say.)

Side effects are as follows,

The first thing I notice is I feel hot, almost immediately after the first hit. (about 10 seconds, it's worth noting that normal bud generally makes me feel as if my body temperature has lowered but only well into the high)
I start to sweat, especially on my forehead.
The hot feeling does not lessen, and only becomes more pronounced as time passes
I get this weird cerebral sensation that almost feels as if there is some interaction with GABA receptors. (hard to think and act in general, things you normally have no problem thinking about or acting out while high)
COMPLETELY diminished high, completely unenjoyable after a small amount of tolerance build up. The tolerance for the high goes away but the you still feel the same amount of heat.

Just speculating, but I think it might be a pesticide issue. I live in the south east, and this seems to have started shortly after some states legalized recreational. I have a feeling that stuff that is getting denied by dispensaries for having to high of a pesticide content is making it's way out here for cheap and people are thinking they are getting the good stuff from x location.

The truth is I have no idea though. Does anyone have any input at all?

I very briefly dabbeled with synthetic cannabanoids and that sounds somewhat similar to my experience with K2 and Spice. Are you feeling any physical or mental anxiety symptoms? I almost always got a bit of a tight chest and high blood pressure from K2 and Spice and I know in my state occasionally people come across herb that is mixed with the synthetics (as they are cheaper) or sometimes synethics get sold as real herb to people who don't know better. Even the not getting high part. I never really experienced a proper buzz from that garbage. For me it was like all the potentially bad side effects of real herb x10 every time with no real high.

I'm sure pesticides aren't great for you, but doesn't it make sense that illegal outside growers might also use a ton of pesticides and not care? Also, I'm sure many commericial growers probably wouldn't want to risk their legal status and would have their pesticide use carefully monitored and generally sorted so they wouldn't have the problem.

Even though its only ancedotal, it is pretty telling that you are the only one having the reaction. Unless it has taken time for the assumed pesticides to build up in your system and harm you. I'm also not positive that pesticides would immediately make ill, even though you are burning and inhaling them. I have no idea really. Just spitballin' here.

A problem we have down here in texas is that the cartels and some city growers are lacing it with meth to make them get a sort of addiction ..maybe they are doing something similar were you are. Lacing with spice or k2 just find a trusted dealer or grow your own