• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Strange Side Effect: extreme itching and skin sensitive to touch, anyone else?

throwmeaway

Greenlighter
Strange Side Effect: extreme itching and skin sensitive to touch, anyone else?

Hi all, new user here.

This got long so I’m going to chuck this here...

tl;dr - took pills and MDMA 3 years ago with no side effects, recently tried again once and has caused strange skin itchiness, sensitivity and tingling. Symptoms lessened. Tried again 10 days later and they came back. No one else has been effected. Only affected me. Won’t go completely, seeing doctor tomorrow. Anyone else experienced this? If so please read on for more details.

Some background on myself. I first experimented with pills 5 years ago when I was at University. I would estimate that during a 2 year period I took MDMA or pills a total of 5 or 6 times. I had no bad side-effects other than the occasional come down, and even these were pretty mild in comparison to others and stories I have heard. Suffice to say I was a very casual user with no bad experiences.

I then had a 3 year break until about a month ago. I went to Ibiza for a week with friends and over 6 nights took crystalized MDMA in varying amounts (never excessive) 4 of those nights, with pills (a total of 5 over the holiday) 2 out of of those 4 nights, and the occasional line of coke on 3 nights.

Myself and my friends (9 of us) all had a great time with no one suffering any bad comedowns or bad rolls. We all slept well, ate well and kept rehydrated.

About 48 hours after returning to the UK and roughly 72 hours since taking anything my legs started to occasionally itch. I put this down to dry-skin caused by the sun, it was very hot when we were there and I spent a lot of time sunbathing.

However, the itchiness started to get gradually worse over the coming days, despite keeping moisturized, and spread to my torso (mainly chest), arms and back of my neck.

I had no visible rash, my skin wasn’t dry and I was keeping well hydrated. I had no other side effects. After 5 days of being home the symptoms were at their peak with my skin feeling unbelievably heightened to touch with feelings of prickliness, heat rash and intense itching shooting through whichever part of my body came into contact with fabric.

The only way to alleviate the symptoms was to lay down, not move, not scratch and after 10 minutes they would subside. There was no obvious pattern as to when or why my skin would become so sensitive. At times I would only have mild problems and others it became debilitating.

I went through all the normal procedures for allergic reactions, I hadn’t changed anything in my normal routine, I couldn’t work out what the cause was.

Anyway, after about 10 days the symptoms had started to lessen with only intense touching (think drying yourself after a shower or wriggling around under bed sheets) causing the itching - which in itself had lessened in extremity).

And then I went back to Ibiza for 4 nights and stayed in a different place (incase anyone was about to blame the bedsheets!)...

This time I did 3 nights straight consuming in total 2.5 pills and a small amount of MDMA. The weather wasn’t great so no sunbathing this time either.

Guess what...I get home and the itchiness, crawling sensation and heightened sensitivity is back.

It was worse for the first few days and has now calmed down again to a manageable state but I am worried as to whether it will fully clear up.

In addition to the itchy tingling sensation, when it was at its worse my face wouldn’t heal as quickly if I were to apply pressure. For instance if I squeezed a spot the area would remain red for 2 or 3 hours and much longer than usual. Also using my body hair trimmer would result in the skin becoming red and blotchy where it never used to have any effect.

Obviously I am going to take an extended period off any recreational drugs (6 months+) and I am hoping this will alleviate the symptoms entirely.

I have also booked an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow just to rule out any non-drug related causes (however the return trip has me pretty sure it’s related).

Has anyone else experienced this or know of someone who has? Might it be a reaction to something in the pills (despite the fact the ones I took 2nd time were completely different to the 1st trip?).

I can’t find any similar stories anywhere online and none of my friends have experienced the same problems. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like an allergy to me. Do you have any sensitivity to dyes or any known food or drug allergies? Just sounds like your typical allergic reaction.