• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strange reaction

cule8960

Greenlighter
Hello all. Something happend to me a while back while using meth that i dont know if it was normal or not. This happend about four months ago and it has been the last time i used meth. So i was eating meth for the past few days. When the initial rush subsided, i would eat more. I started to notice my veins swelling up. Like my veins on my wrst and my feet was starting to swell. I could feel it swelling too. It would then get really hot and i would develop red rasshes on my body. I have experienced the rashes before, but the swelling veins was new to me. I would actually be able to see my veins get larger, it was disstressing. I would then get the sensation of it being hard to swallow and my mucles hurting. I didnt do anything about it, just laid down and drank water until i came down. I didnt do anymore after that and most likely wont again.

I dont know if the swelling veins and the warmth was normal. I would appreciate input. Thank you.

Your veins are shrinking and blood pressure is going up because methamphetamine is a powerful vasoconstrictor. The rash is probably heat rash from overheating. It is normal, drink lots of water and keep cool and you should be fine. Allowing yourself to overheat has been shown to increase the neurotoxic effects of meth if i remember correctly. No worries if you aren't doing it anymore.