• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Strange reaction to Marquis reagent test

supersoup

Bluelighter
I recently tested some "" from a new source, dark brown crystals (darker than I usually get but I realize that doesn't really mean anything). When I put a drop of the test agent on the sample, it turned black almost immediately, but it looked like a muddy dark brown as it turned black. It also sizzled for about half a second. I waited about 10 seconds, during which it looked completely black, and then I used a knife to spread out the liquid across the white ceramic plate so I could see the color better, and it then appeared a very dark purple, not brown at all, just like the MDMA from my usual source (which has been lab tested). I'm just confused because I've never had MDMA that turned brown at first, it's always just been purple to black or black instantly. To be clear, this is not a substance ID thread; I'm just asking if the split second of brown during the reaction is dependent on something that may have been slightly different about this batch of MDMA, or if it's a sign that it isn't MDMA at all. The reagent test instructions say to observe the reaction over a period of 20 seconds, and it had turned purple within that time, but I've never seen this before.

How old is your reagent? They do expire and as they do they can be less reliable in the fact it may not appear as a normal reaction. Is it possible it was cut with sugar or a different inactive compound that might register on the test? It is going to be hard to formulate an exact conclusion as you only have one test it seems.

I think, based on the information you gave so far, it is at least relatively pure by active compounds (marquis doesnt test for "strength") but I can not say for sure. Is it possible "The Dark Crystal" ;) is the reason for the brown?

How old is your reagent? They do expire and as they do they can be less reliable in the fact it may not appear as a normal reaction. Is it possible it was cut with sugar or a different inactive compound that might register on the test? It is going to be hard to formulate an exact conclusion as you only have one test it seems.

I think, based on the information you gave so far, it is at least relatively pure by active compounds (marquis doesnt test for "strength") but I can not say for sure. Is it possible "The Dark Crystal" ;) is the reason for the brown?

This was the first use with this test kit, it was delivered yesterday (my last one ran out awhile ago, but both are the Marquis kit ordered from DanceSafe). It does seem possible that it's cut with sugar or some type of amphetamine, messing with the test. I'm going to do an allergy test and then take a small dose, thanks for the input.

Did you try any other reagents?

Unfortunately I don't have any of the other reagent tests, I usually get from the same online source every time but I didn't want to wait for delivery so I tried buying in person just this once and didn't want to drop all of the money on the full range of tests (which is obviously the wrong decision)