• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Strange reaction from apothecary

lecroute

Bluelighter
A week or so ago I went to buy my 3-months prescription of clona. It was four days before the prescription expired, which should kind of indicate that I'm not in such a dire need of it, right?
Still, the apothecary came out (usually they never do I less it's a special case). A relatively young man, and he took a good look at me and said "this is a prescription for 2mg tablets"
I answered "yes, I know".
He asks if I'm aware it's for 2mg, and if I have ever taken this medication, because it's the highest dosage.
I said yes, it's all ok, and if he looks at it, the prescriptions is for THREE MONTHS. Which is actually for six, but you can't prescribe half pills, right?

The point is, though I already had my pills (which means he gave his ok) he was still asking me those questions.

It made me feel a little strange... Not necessarily in a bad way for ME but maybe for my doc. Who is "just" a plain family physician, and who would never give me more than that one prescription.

I would really feel bad if my doc got I to trouble because of this. He's a really nice guy and would never give me this prescription if je wasn't sure I needed it and didn't have any other way to get it (remnants of Covid-related protocols still make it hard for me to go see a neurologist).

Well, the pharmacy technicians here always tend to ask those types of questions here in the US. It's standard protocol to make sure you understand what you're taking.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

A week or so ago I went to buy my 3-months prescription of clona. It was four days before the prescription expired, which should kind of indicate that I'm not in such a dire need of it, right?
Still, the apothecary came out (usually they never do I less it's a special case). A relatively young man, and he took a good look at me and said "this is a prescription for 2mg tablets"
I answered "yes, I know".
He asks if I'm aware it's for 2mg, and if I have ever taken this medication, because it's the highest dosage.
I said yes, it's all ok, and if he looks at it, the prescriptions is for THREE MONTHS. Which is actually for six, but you can't prescribe half pills, right?

The point is, though I already had my pills (which means he gave his ok) he was still asking me those questions.

It made me feel a little strange... Not necessarily in a bad way for ME but maybe for my doc. Who is "just" a plain family physician, and who would never give me more than that one prescription.

I would really feel bad if my doc got I to trouble because of this. He's a really nice guy and would never give me this prescription if je wasn't sure I needed it and didn't have any other way to get it (remnants of Covid-related protocols still make it hard for me to go see a neurologist).

I'm pretty sure they're doing their due diligence to make sure that they've talked to you about the dosage. That way if you overdose on your benzos they're not liable.