• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Strange Reaction After IV?

Dannyb210

Greenlighter
I've been using opiates for about six years now and a very strange thing happened to me the other day after I shot about three bags of Fentanyl. This has never happened before. Immediately after the rush I lost control of my body. I started kicking my legs and wreathing my arms and hands. I would make weird noises too. I couldn't control myself at all. This lasted for about a minute or two. Anyone else experience anything like this?

like a seizure? not sure if fent can cause this but I havent heard of it maybe a bad cut or something

What size you mean with "three bags of Fentanyl. " ?? and did you mix it with some cocaine? and where did you go in?

I've been using opiates for about six years now and a very strange thing happened to me the other day after I shot about three bags of Fentanyl. This has never happened before. Immediately after the rush I lost control of my body. I started kicking my legs and wreathing my arms and hands. I would make weird noises too. I couldn't control myself at all. This lasted for about a minute or two. Anyone else experience anything like this?

The reaction (loss/uncontrollable motor functions) that you’ve experienced, has happened to me a couple times in my past. However, only one of those times was it related to drug usage. The other times, were due to, or in relation to the occurrence of a seizure. Either way, this type of episode you’re explaining, is usually caused by your nervous system/brain:body communication. This loss of bodily control, at least in your specific case, I deduce was a mild-moderate overdose type reaction to the high levels of Fentanyl injected in a single IV push. You can think of it as a sort of “brain glitch”. Luckily, it seems that your lack of control, was relatively short in duration and had no lasting effect. I would suggest taking that situation as a cautionary tale, and always remember my favorite saying as an IV user, “You can always to more, but you can never do less.” The moral of the story being, when injecting anything, go slow and feel it out. Personally, I try to stop about 1/2-3/4 of the way and see how I feel, before doing the rest. This little habit can seem trivial, but might save your life one day or prevent an OD. I hope this reply has helped, even in the smallest way. Be safe!