• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Strange Question/Allergies?

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
background info: 26 years old and I've been smoking off an on since I was maybe 16-17. Not a heavy smoker, but not a lightweight. I enjoy to toke at least once a day, but nothing like how rappers/musicians embellish their consumption at.

To the topic of discussion....

Sometimes when I smoke certain strains for a brief 3-4 minutes I just physically can't open my eyes. They become sooo heavy and watery it almost becomes impossible to do anything at my PC until that effect subsides. Now afterwards as I continue to smoke the issue no longer occurs. Some strains don't replicate this effect at all and it's just like smoking on a hookah or cig.

Is it just the intensity of the cannabinoids for some strains or could I possibly have a mild allergic reaction that my body is able to quell with relative ease? I just got some White Widow from a very reputable headshop that I've been going to for quite a while and this one was just a zinger to both my eyes and the cerebral effects to my brain. Albeit I haven't smoked in 2-3 days as I've had some projects I needed to focus on, but wow.

I wasn't expecting to still be typing this thread with one eye open barely. :)

Any thoughts or previous experiences? Sorry for typos I'm trying my best to fix them as I see the red underline appear.

I'm not sure if it's right to call this an allergy even though it's possible to have an allergy to cannabis. It sounds like a mixture of a few different things. Good weed and low tolerance is probably playing a small part as well as your bodies natural reaction.

When I smoke anything, I start salivating profusely and I'm forced to spit constantly for the duration of my smoke. I naturally produce a lot of saliva and it's compounded when I smoke. I don't mind it, so I continue to smoke.

I'm not sure if it's right to call this an allergy even though it's possible to have an allergy to cannabis. It sounds like a mixture of a few different things. Good weed and low tolerance is probably playing a small part as well as your bodies natural reaction.

When I smoke anything, I start salivating profusely and I'm forced to spit constantly for the duration of my smoke. I naturally produce a lot of saliva and it's compounded when I smoke. I don't mind it, so I continue to smoke.

I use to salivate heavily in my early teens when we would smoke blunts. Personally, I thought a lot of it was due to the fact that the marijuana we got as teenagers was complete brick (I'm from Indiana originally.)

I'm in a medicinal state now and every so often I toke a little bit, but it's a little uncomfortable yet comical when it happens. Only a few strains do it so I'm not really worried. I was just hoping some of you guys may have also experienced this as well.

I've definitely had droopy eyes that watered from being really high on cannabis. That's happened from eating, vaping or smoking but only when I've had a bit too much.

It also lasted more than a few minutes and it didn't occur immediately during a smoke sesh.