• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

STRANGE phenibut effects (please help)

innerspeaker

Greenlighter
good afternoon.. and %)%) hello. I am new to bluelight so I apologize if I do not understand the rules yet.

so, here it goes.

I have been taking the popular GABA drug "Phenibut" or "β-Phenyl-γ-aminobutyric acid" for about 3 days now, and I must say: I am very impressed with the effects. Similar to lyrica or a heavy GHB dose, It increases sociability and alertness as well as increasing libido and treating nerve pain. However, I ended up taking too much yesterday due to my impatience
regarding the come-up. I started twitching, as well as convulsing.. also, my girlfriend said I was shouting really weird stuff as I was trying to fall asleep.. I do not remember shouting or convulsing. I guess you could say I blacked out. I am also experience very uncomfortable tactical sensations and over-stimulation Is this normal?:? I just would like to know because I am deeply disturbed by these effects.

any help would be appreciated.
thank you.

Hey there, welcome to Bluelight! :)

Yes, I'm afraid your experiences aren't unusual when you've been abusing phen a bit too much and/or using high doses, although you don't actually state how much you took.

How are you feeling now?

I'd recommend you don't make a habit of usage like that or you'll find you become addicted pretty quickly. Withdrawals are not pleasant and can relatively easily lead to seizures.

Take care,
CFC

In the stim anxiety thread, you say you take between 100-300mg of Adderall a day. You take phenibuton on top of that?

I have been using about 1g-3gs within a day for about three days. I am still feeling a very strange feeling of tingling and warmth throughout my body, and I feel like I have this pent up energy that will not go away unless I jerk or twitch my legs or arms. Also, I cannot sit still.. but this isn't unusual for me because I have ADHD. I also take 150mgs of wellbutrin daily, 100mgs of Zoloft, and 30mgs of Amphetamine IR.

In the stim anxiety thread, you say you take between 100-300mg of Adderall a day. You take phenibuton on top of that?

no no the 100-300mg Adderall doses are not everyday, just recreationally sometimes. I take 30mgs a day, along with 150mgs of wellbutrin and 100mgs of sertraline.

no no the 100-300mg Adderall doses are not everyday, just recreationally sometimes. I take 30mgs a day, along with 150mgs of wellbutrin and 100mgs of sertraline.

Ah, I see where I misunderstood with the wording there. Still, if you're taking it fairly regularly along with other stimulants then in the mix, it can be very taxing. Just be careful is all.

That is too much dude. Phenibut's effects last a long time, and tolerance builds very fast. Reduce your dosage to ~1g, two times a week. Three at most. And space them out! This will keep the effects pleasurable and prevent you from getting addicted.

That is too much dude. Phenibut's effects last a long time, and tolerance builds very fast. Reduce your dosage to ~1g, two times a week. Three at most. And space them out! This will keep the effects pleasurable and prevent you from getting addicted.

yeah I know, I just fell in love with the effects I guess and went a lil' overboard. I have no self-control lol