• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Strange myrrh question

Abewoods88

Greenlighter
Greetings,
I have been a bluelight lurker for YEARS! I always found the information I was looking for at this website and am grateful for it. The time has finally come where i cannot find this question answered anywhere, and indeed registered... finally... If this post belongs somewhere else, please move it, but I think it belongs here. I am not opiate naive in the slightest (currently on MMT 100 mgs, but used heroin, fent, isotonitazine and other synths on and off for years), but I can confidently say that myrrh is definitely an opiate due to my experience with superdosing it. I use it to enhance my morning medication every now again, mabye once a week. My question is, and I know it's weird, but I have a supercritical co2 liquid myrrh extract, and I was wondering if I could boof/plug it safely (like is it safe to use this ROA for this substance)? I realize I may not receive a solid answer on this... but I have to try. I'd rather know then not know and try to research every single thing I ingest to the fullest extent possible (have had a few scary experiences, one with st. John's, in the past that make me very careful). Can't find any information anywhere, but I know there's great minds here. Thank you for your time and attention. Be safe.

Abe

You likely won’t get an answer but please update us if you give it a try. What kind of doses are you taking for this effect?

-GC

You likely won’t get an answer but please update us if you give it a try. What kind of doses are you taking for this effect?

-GC
I'll give it a try mabye Monday, it's in rice bran oil, which I've never heard of.... and I've never put oil up there before...... so I really don't know. Lol. The most I've taken was 2.4 grams of the supercritical co2 extract in capsules... which is a powder (not in oil). Mabye it would be better to mix the powder with water? I don't know... but I was thinking I'd start with 800 mgs to boof. If you like I could try and write an experience report of the 2.4 grams experience. It was quite interesting.

I would be careful regarding plugging & ingesting any kinds of essential oils.
A lot of essential oils are extracted with alcohol, which could burn pretty bad & may even be damaging to the lining of your rectum/colon.

I've read a lot in the past (including here on BL) about myrrh being an opiate/opioid.
I believe it's mostly a kappa agonist though, so it's not really going to be super euphoric or anything.
I love myrrh. I've used it for years & the smell does have a nice "pick me up" feel to it.

I also rub it on my temples, knees and other areas where I have pain & it definitely takes the pain down a few notches, but unfortunately it only lasts maybe 15 mins tops.
I use to rub myself down with all day & night when in withdrawals. It's taken care of some of my headaches as well.

I would be weary of drinking a bunch tho. It's not to say they can't be ingested either, but you never know how the company made it or what they could be hiding about it.
I've had lots of different "myyrh" oils over the years. And some of them smelled completely different from real genuine myrrh (although it was still a nice smell). Yet all the bottles still said it only contained "myrrh". Which can't always be true considering the varying smells of it.

It's in my opinion though that if myrrh did have any classic opioid properties, it would probably require ungodly dosage amounts to even get there.
I do think as a weak antidepressant, super short topical analgesic & just all around being a scent that produces nostalgia & relaxation (in me anyway), it's pretty nice. But I'm doubtful it can go beyond all of that or even cause any true euphoria.

I'm definitely curious what your results will be though OP.
Good luck! Keep us posted!

Last edited:
Pretty interesting thread here is my take on it. Apparently it has been established that some compounds in myrrh DO act on opiate receptors. The thing is these compounds are oxygenated terpenoids, and are likely to be lipophilic. So they won't be water soluble and able to pass through the mucous membrane.

Afaik only water soluble compounds can be absorbed rectally. I actually boofed .5g of THC distillate years ago (for science!) and absolutely nothing happened.

"Myrrh has been used as an analgesic since ancient times, and modern studies have found that the sesquiterpenes furanocudesma-1,3-diene (72) and curzerene (74) in myrrh can act on opioid receptors in the central nervous system and have analgesic activity, which can be blocked by morphine antagonist naloxone [106]. Mehta et al."

The paper is pretty interesting, it's studying the pharmacology of myrrh and frankincense combined.

Pretty interesting thread here is my take on it. Apparently it has been established that some compounds in myrrh DO act on opiate receptors. The thing is these compounds are oxygenated terpenoids, and are likely to be lipophilic. So they won't be water soluble and able to pass through the mucous membrane.

Afaik only water soluble compounds can be absorbed rectally. I actually boofed .5g of THC distillate years ago (for science!) and absolutely nothing happened.

"Myrrh has been used as an analgesic since ancient times, and modern studies have found that the sesquiterpenes furanocudesma-1,3-diene (72) and curzerene (74) in myrrh can act on opioid receptors in the central nervous system and have analgesic activity, which can be blocked by morphine antagonist naloxone [106]. Mehta et al."

The paper is pretty interesting, it's studying the pharmacology of myrrh and frankincense combined.
This is the sort of thing that I was hoping for, a little more knowledge on what's going on. I held off on plugging it just to see if someone else might post, and look and behold! That's good to know. Seems I should just stick to eating it. Somebody I know mention led that he had smoked it before, but I dont know if I'm willing to try that, honestly smoking things has never been my thing... it always kinda grosses me out. I am thankful that I asked. Good on ya.