• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strange light headed anxious feeling when discontinuing alcohol, alcohol withdrawal?

noone1

Bluelighter
I always get this weird feeling seemingly when I hit the booze too hard and stop after a few days. Very hard to describe it feels kind of like vertigo and being lightheaded. Wikipedia says you won't experience alcohol withdrawal until you reach about 8 units of alcohol daily I'm at 4 - 41/2 with at least one day in between usually three days. Sometimes I go for four or five and this is when it hits.

It's hard to describe I'm thinking it's just anxiety but I only experience it when drinking (I think) I'll also bolt up in the middle of the night in terror. I can only describe it as "it feels like I'm going to have a seizure" but I've never had a seizure and supposedly a seizure feels like nothing so maybe it's all in my head? Or just light alcohol withdrawal?

Could also be sinuses I guess coinciding with my drinking a little more heavily than usual like last year.

could be light WD i get the same way i drink daily with no days in between also 4 brews a night
but i figured out what works for me
the doc said it was because the alcohol depletes vitamins and it dehydrates you
right before heading to bed i take a b12 multi vitamin at my local walmart or walgreens they carry a b12 called SHOT B(its a green box you can google it) and down a 16oz bottle of water or a gatorade both you can also take it in the morning after you wake up
i suggest before going to bed so you dont wake up like crap
the b12 i mentioned also has folic acid which is what they give you during alcohol detox along with a benzo i went there for a 8 beer a night run at one point

i dont feel as shitty anymore
they call it hangover anxiety

the odds of having crazy WD at 4 standard drinks is very slim and if you do it wont be crazy
just some anxiety also, highly unlikely youll exp a seizure as told by my doc
i was actually told to go CT and to have a benzo ready for the anxiety and that after 3 to 4 days the worst would be over

take some b12 and some folic acid if you cant find what i suggested and see how you do