• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strange: less codeine is effecting me than more would(this is not about getting high)

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
So I've been doing a nice slow taper off the codeine but I took 600mg in one go 2 days ago all it did was make me feel sick and give me heartburn maybe I got a little bit of relief I can't remebrer but just now I've took 150 and it.. Got me.. Shal we say a lot more effect than from the 600mg now I'm not asking why it got me higher etc well I am but not because I want to get high its so I can safely use my codeine without risks.

So is this normal for this as to happen does anyone have any idea?

A lot of thread I have made here such as which antihistamine to take(which I still don't have a clue about) were taken off because they were about getting high which is ridiculous because that's what every thread is about just because the op doesn't say it all the questions and threads are ultimately about getting the best high only on this site you have to pretend it isn't for some reason??

Hey Patrick, I'm not a big codeine person but I'll take a stab at this. Depending on who you ask, there seems to be a ceiling effect. Meaning after a certain point, higher and higher doses will have diminishing returns and an increase of unwanted side effects. So that might help explain why that 150 mg felt pretty good. Similarly, there were times where I used to over-do it with oxycodone and it would seem to turn on me, making me uptight and angry.

To address your other concern, Bluelight is a harm reduction community first and foremost. Our primary goal is to keep drug users safe in a non-judgmental fashion. Basic Drug Discussion is designed for generalized discussion on dosing, tolerance, combinations, and other basic drug information to further the spread of harm reduction and responsible drug use. We try to stay away from topics where the stated sole purpose is about getting high as possible.

I had moved one of your threads over to Drug Culture yesterday. It's fine to talk about getting high all you want in that sub-forum. :)

I know everyone says it's tolerance but I do still get high but the high seems to SOMETIMES be blocked off after getting high other times it's fine and lasts me all day other times I get stomach ache and it ruins it and don't even go away when I sit down I tried benadryl but it defo killed my high