• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids strange feeling in throat when taking Tramadol. Is this what most ppl experience?e

ThE B MaN

Bluelighter
Just something ive always been curious about, as ive never seen anyone mention it. Whenever I have taken Tramadol I always get a strange feeling in my throat, and it feels kinda wierd to swallow. Its not necessarily a bad feeling, and besides being kinda strange it doesnt affect me in any way besides that feeling thats there. Its a feeling that kind of feels like theres a lump in my throat, even though im sure there isnt one. Also, the sensation increases in intensity big time the higher the dose.

To elaborate, I think what im feeling is coming from that little thing that hangs in the back of your throat, the little gaggy thing, cant remember what the heck its called, but it feels like the feeling is coming from it.

Is this something most ppl get when on Tramadol? I found it strange as ive never had this on any other drug, and ive never heard anyone mention it before.

I ate 500 mg tonight and did not feel that. I'm not an all the time user though so I'm not sure if it's a common side effect.

I have never had any strange feeling in my throat when taking Tramadol. Drugs affect people differently though. Tramadol always gives me a good feeling in the back of my head, just above my neck. It's definitely a strange drug.

Lol I was afraid I was the only one experiencing this, and I guess I was right.

I am definitely not an all the time Tramadol user, but every single time ive taken it, even the very first time, I have gotten that same sensation. That sensation is actually the strongest thing that I feel on Tramadol, its a pretty strong sensation.

and the most ive ever taken was 200mg which doesnt seem like that much from what ppl are saying, and with even just that amount the sensation was so strong it was overpowering and a bit dysphoric. I only take it to help with WD's, and even then I dont take more than 100mg because of that throat feeling starts to become overpowering when I go higher than that.

I cant imagine how it would be on anything higher than 200mg, itd feel like my throat was swollen to the size of a balloon or something. Yet ive looked and my throat is just fine. Lol so very strange....

On another note, Tramadol is a fucking godsend for Suboxone WD. Without it I woudnt get any sleep whatsoever due to the RLS, I get it so bad its nearly torturous. Ill wake up and feel horrible and jittery/shaking all over from the RLS, and then take some Tramadol and the RLS will go away almost completely. Problem is that Subby WD lasts so damn long, I dont know how the hell im going to hold out. I seriously implore all to NOT take Subby long term. Take it just as long as you need to and quit.

Last edited:
Is sweating my fucking balls off a side effect of tramadol? I'm at 900 mg in the last 6 hours and I'm so sweaty that my left ball is stuck in my right knee pit.

Is sweating my fucking balls off a side effect of tramadol? I'm at 900 mg in the last 6 hours and I'm so sweaty that my left ball is stuck in my right knee pit.

Haha c'mon dude! 400 mg should be your limit! It gets dangerous after that! Haha but shits funny

lol I was about to say, 900mg's and id be probably be deader than fried chicken. My throat would probably feel like when the T2000 dies in Terminator 2 where its face fucking overlaps its head n shit.

Yer playin with fire there bub. Be careful.

I think I know what you're talking about. It's kinda simiair to effects of allergy, the throat seems to be a bit dry and swallowing seems... different for lack of better words.

The only side effect for me is the head ache that lasts all of the next day after taking it. 100mg is enough to make this happen to me.

What you are describing sounds like an allergic reaction/hypersensitivity to the drug. It can be serious enough to progress to complete airway obstruction. I would stop taking it, and learn to manage your suboxone use better so that you don't need tramadol.

I have experienced the exact same thing from tramadol, as well as hydrocodone. It seems somewhat rare as I recall making a thread similar to this one asking about it and other people not being able to relate.

I hated the feeling and that, along with the nausea was enough to make me never want to take either drug again. For a while I thought I had an allergy to opioids in general, since it happened with both hydrocodone and tramadol and I didn't respond well to codeine either (no lump in throat but severe stomach cramps) however that turned out to not be the case since I am now a frequent user of heroin and I have no problems with that. It's still rather a mystery to me why I responded so poorly to hydrcodone, tramadol and codeine.

I get a weird feeling in my throat from benzos and ambien but never from tramadol. The feeling is almost like mucus stuck in my throat, or a numb like feeling. Nothing serious but it cam be annoying and nauseating. I especially notice it while smoking cigarettes.

Having taken clonazepam earlier I feel it now, and the more I sit here and analyze it the more bothersome it is.

Yeah, I sweat like a pig on similarly high doses of tramadol. Annoying as hell.

Something like that will happen to me when I swallow any kind of pill. I'll feel like its still stuck in the back of my throat no matter how much I swallow. I can never dry swallow any pills even after years of taking many; I always need a drink even for one pill. Maybe its because I never got my (huge) tonsils taken out...

Woa, i got that exact same feeling when i took xanax today. But my throat went kinda numb

yes i do i came here looking for someone who gets this im only on 100mg but an hour after i take it without fail i get a lump in my throat and feel like something is sort of stuck like you said its not problematic but its just strange i feel like its more to do with the dry mouth side effect of them tho cuz my mouth goes dry and it tends to be when the dry mouth sets in also does anyone else get palpitations and dilated pupils when taking it ? i look like iv been on hard drugs ffs

Yeah, I sweat like a pig on similarly high doses of tramadol. Annoying as hell.

Yeah, I take a lot of Tramadol and I find a sweat quite a lot. Especially at night and ESPECIALLY in bed for some reason. Even if the room temperature is nice and chill within two minutes of getting into bed the sweating starts. Bad enough that I get itches from sweat drops running across the back of my thighs.

Lol I was afraid I was the only one experiencing this, and I guess I was right.

I am definitely not an all the time Tramadol user, but every single time ive taken it, even the very first time, I have gotten that same sensation. That sensation is actually the strongest thing that I feel on Tramadol, its a pretty strong sensation.

and the most ive ever taken was 200mg which doesnt seem like that much from what ppl are saying, and with even just that amount the sensation was so strong it was overpowering and a bit dysphoric. I only take it to help with WD's, and even then I dont take more than 100mg because of that throat feeling starts to become overpowering when I go higher than that.

I cant imagine how it would be on anything higher than 200mg, itd feel like my throat was swollen to the size of a balloon or something. Yet ive looked and my throat is just fine. Lol so very strange....

On another note, Tramadol is a fucking godsend for Suboxone WD. Without it I woudnt get any sleep whatsoever due to the RLS, I get it so bad its nearly torturous. Ill wake up and feel horrible and jittery/shaking all over from the RLS, and then take some Tramadol and the RLS will go away almost completely. Problem is that Subby WD lasts so damn long, I dont know how the hell im going to hold out. I swoeriously implore all to NOT take Subby long term. Take it just as long as you need to and quit.
Just something ive always been curious about, as ive never seen anyone mention it. Whenever I have taken Tramadol I always get a strange feeling in my throat, and it feels kinda wierd to swallow. Its not necessarily a bad feeling, and besides being kinda strange it doesnt affect me in any way besides that feeling thats there. Its a feeling that kind of feels like theres a lump in my throat, even though im sure there isnt one. Also, the sensation increases in intensity big time the higher the dose.

To elaborate, I think what im feeling is coming from that little thing that hangs in the back of your throat, the little gaggy thing, cant remember what the heck its called, but it feels like the feeling is coming from it.

Is this something most ppl get when on Tramadol? I found it strange as ive never had this on any other drug, and ive never heard anyone mention it before.
[/QUOTE

Damn, just noticed how long ago this was. I know it may not matter now but I had the same issues. People laughed at me for being hooked on tramadol. I'd always know when I took too much because my jaw would twitch and lock up. I'd kinda stutter when someone spoke to me because my mouth wouldn't work. I'm glad I'm finally not the only one because all of my research turned up nothing. I just got laughed at lol. Also, fair warning, I had an original paper for tramadol that listed its side effects. One side effect was seizures. This was confirmed to me after my husband was prescribed them and he started having seizures. I was on them for nearly 6 years and began to develop a seizure disorder in 2016. This is when I stopped taking them and switched to lope. My tram habit is gone but my seizure condition remains. After I told my doctor (actually several doctors) that tramadol causes seizures they didn't believe me. I looked into all of my drug abuse during those years and it all narrowed down to tram. For those of you who may or may not read this. Good luck with that shit!