• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Strange feeling after smoking.

sattybagsteve

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. I've joined bluelight as I'm in a bit of a strange situation. I've browsed the forums before for infomation on other substances, but I mainly just smoke.

Any how, I have just returned from 7 weeks abroad, before I left I was smoking about a gram of marajuana a day with no problems at all. About 3 days before I left I took a pill (that I foolishly didn't test). The night of course seemed to be fine. The following day however I was experiencing a rapid heart beat and palpitations even 14 hours after I initially took the pill and had slept/come down. I was very paranoid and ended up calling an ambulence, they ran a few tests and all was good.

While I was abroad in Amsterdam I smoked a little bit but had difficulty enjoying the weed because of the insane strength. I also experienced a very strange feeling in my heart that I had never experienced from weed.

Now that I am back in Australia, I smoked one bowl last night and got the same strange feeling in my heart. This feeling doesn't seem to wear off for a few days after smoking. (The left side of my chest still feels 'odd' tonight)

My question to you guys is should I be worried? I am aware that smoking probably increases my paranoia about it, but even sober I am concerned.

Not sure if important but I am also a full-time tobacco smoker, for almost 3 years. Averaging about 10-12 smokes a day, so not an extreme pack-a-day smoker.

Thanks in advance.

TL;DR strange feeling in heart when stoned, even 24 hours after smoking

I;m not a doctor. Go see one. Now.

That having been said, without knowing what was in the pill you took, it's hard to say what's going on. Cannabis affects me quite strongly in the days after a trip.

Good wishes.

Tom

I;m not a doctor. Go see one. Now.

That having been said, without knowing what was in the pill you took, it's hard to say what's going on. Cannabis affects me quite strongly in the days after a trip.

Good wishes.

Tom

I am seeing a doctor this afternoon, I just wanted to ask here to see if anyone has had a similar experience. Thanks for the reply :)

I've had similar feelings in my chest after smoking weed. It usually only lasts a few hours. I also got paranoid and saw a doctor who assured me everything was fine. Not sure what causes this but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

your tobacco consumption and untested pill dose are more likely to play a big role in what you feel today while smoking weed and getting high on THC will increase your paranoia about it and manifest it into something 'seemingly' more serious than it actually is - then again, i'm no doctor..;)

to the doctor you go.. but i'd be more focused on cutting down on tobacco. maybe lay off the weed until your mind relaxes from it all. :)

Thanks for the responses everyone. Had an ECG yesterday and the results came back fine apparently... Guess I just have to play the waiting game for a while. :)