• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Strange experience with MDPV recently - speculation as to what went on?

I NUK3D U

Bluelighter
Hi All,

Received some PV recently which when vaped, seemed to have slightly different boiling points throughout the reaction than I was expecting, and aside from the usual black residue, there was a clear to light yellow surfactant type liquid that was excreted between the transition from light brown, through to amber/red. I also noticed, that this liquid would spread almost instantly to cover the foil, and also the hand used to hold said foil (low surface tension?). Another anomoly noticed was that I could not get nearly as much time at the dark red stage as desired before the liquid became 'dead' and blackened (I increase heat slowly when vaping PV, because I'm minded to avoid (sometimes ;)) the initial burnoff of what I consider the more stimulating vapour, and obviously, the toxic vapour released once the drug reached is blackened phase ).

After several hours of consumption (figure the amount out for yourselves!), this excreted oily compound appeared to be everywhere. Gaseous but visible, and looking like an airbourne oil with a yellow tinge at just above usual room temperature; an oily liquid with almost-precisely even distribution, covering everything in the room at room temperature and below. As a test, I reduced the temp significantly in a glass pipe by crudely sending liquid butane through it, and it looked like a slightly waxy/cloudy solid. This disappeared quickly tho as the tube returned to room temperature, and with slight heating, it produced the as described above gas. The liquid form of this substance therefore appears very narrowly between melting and boiling points, and I can assure you, whilst fairly inert in and off it self, it did cause severe skin irritation when I later cleaend my bathroom with bleach. After washing, the skin returned to normal, but the next day, I had red hands and feet with what looked like a few blisters in both. Took some aspirin and a coupla antibiotics and things retured to normal within 6 hours.

Not a chemist myself, so would be intigued to hear why this PV may have reacted in this way vs. all the other PV I've ever received. I'm not convinced this is due to a simple impurity or cut, as the behaviour of the PV even beyond the point that this surfactant was released, was not what I was used to.

Furthermore, the black residue at the end of the process behaved in a very different way to that of the MDPV HCL I'm used to vaping. I avoid all black vapor anyway, but this would continue vaping/smoking and bubbling for at least 10sec under further heating.

Is it possible that this particular batch was made using a different salt, either deliberately, or simply through a new synth method discovered enforcing such a change.

Is MDPV HBr possible, and if so, what are the other implications here (with respect to the decomp of pyrollidine for example?

Thanks

Last edited:
Not trying to come off like a dick here, but have you considered the possibility you were tweaked out of you're mind and imagining things? PV is kind of bad about that. I've had way weirder shit than that happen on it.

Happy to be moved to BDD if considered appropriate - was just hoping for a fairly advanced analysis from anyone interested, rather than just complete conjecture from the usual mindless airheads.

Yes, I did consider the possibility that I was tweaked out of my mind and imagining things. I discounted it fairly quickly when I repeated the experience in more controlled ways later, and confirmed my observations with sober friends.

Mods - please move thread if you feel it's needed, but I wouldn't mind giving it a bit longer in ADD to see if I get can slightly more constructive contributions.

Yes, my friends lab monkeys were very pissed about this, you are very right and not tweaked out of your mind, I realize this is a few years later but, you're the only other one I found that could recognize the same experience, relentless cleaning is involved as well as alot of pain, the monkeys were wondering if this was mdvp's nature or if some batches coming over from china were secretly seized and modified to cause this maybe the government wants to know where this stuff is ending up? :) dunno but it's really difficult to deal with, and these monkeys told the lab if they wanted to do more experiments with smoking it, then it must be conducted outdoors.... most people to admit to severe skin irritation in hands and feet however.... the monkeys believed it was this toxic gas attempting to leave the body, because when washed with wated in the sink it looked as though the water was boiling (gas escaping the water) cleaning with alcohol and locked into plastic bags double bagged and removed from the lab as quickly as possible was the only way to stop it, while several of the scientists that were in the same lab, not involved in the experiment but working in another part of the lab all got affected by itching and rashes infection

That was not any shit added by the government. It looks like the synthesis wasn't carried out properly with an impurity from the last step before obtaining the freebase staying in the final product and that's what was released upon heating. It's unrelated to what acid was then used to make a salt.