• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strange effects from (supposedly) amphetamine

sometimesyesrarelyno

Greenlighter
Hey, first post ever so hope everything is in order

To keep a long story short: Bought 10g amphetamine in moist powder form. I am unexperienced with amphetamines and stims in general (Mr. Downer) but have taken it whenever I came across any or felt like it (as the addict I am). Snorted it and effects were as expected, but again, I'm unexperienced with stims so who knows. I binged on it maybe 3-5 days at a time while trying to sleep whenever I could, or atleast rest, with a couple of days, sometimes more than a week, in between usage. I kept on doing this for weeks until the bag was close to empty.

Now to the strange side effects. First of all, after any last dose I could not sleep for 12+ hours while the dosage weren't that high. Maybe this is simply because I am naive to stims but sometimes I couldn't sleep for like 16 hours. The day-after depression (which is common) could last for multiple days. Maybe this is because of my long on-and-off binge. I would also experience some unexplainable sensation on/in my head on the comedowns while lying in bed. It was like a tingling sensation on parts of my head (sometimes above my ear, sometimes on the back of my head etc.). I was first convinced that these feelings came from my brain but later realised it could just aswell come from my scalp, but I honestly can't tell you which is true. I would also get the feeling that my right brain half was "bigger" than my left one, almost like it ascended my skull (very strange and hard to explain).

After beeing sober for quite some time I would have some difficulty with language, finding words more specificaly. Ex. I could read or hear a word in english and know what the word meant and what the translation would be to my native language but couldn't find the word I was looking for or simply forgetting names of famous people. This symptom has become better on a close to daily basis. I also experience some short term memory problems, nothing too serious but enough to be noticable for me. This is also improving. Lastly I almost feel like I'm cognitively worse than I was before, but this seems to be very little and could honestly just be me 'making up' this problem.

Recently I tried bombing this powder in a low dose and it some how felt more cleaner than when snorted. Although we should keep in mind that this was a low dose for 1 day after beeing sober for weeks so I suppose we can't really compare it to a on-and-off binge.

All in all, I'm worried that this amphetamine was mixed with something else, maybe meth, MDMA or any RC since some after effects don't seem to match with what to be expected after amphetamine abuse aswell as the strange sensations in my brain during comedowns.

Anyone with similar experience or knows something I don't? Any knowledge or advice is greatly appriciated!

And yes, I know I should have lab tested the substance and am considering doing it with the little I have left.

"To keep a long story short" a naive addict once said...

You have simply used your dopamine stores up in the binges, set a pattern for your brain to make more to try to level it out .

That's the problem with having too much around and not limiting yourself, stating up for days upsets your normal circadian rhythm, you use up your energy stores and the imbalance will throw you into weird feelings physically and mentally.

Take magnesium for muscle discomfort, dehydrate with isotopic fluids, don't underestimate how addictive this stuff is.

The withdrawal and cravings are a bit of a bitch, sometimes it's the addiction saying you need more to stop feeling crappy, which is how it takes hold.

You'll be fine, just read here as much as you can about it. Don't bother staying up for days and I'd recommend having some valium on hand to ease cone down.

Hey sometimesyesrarelyno, welcome to Bluelight. I'm going to move this to Basic Drug Discussion. Hopefully you will get more responses there :) .

Hey sometime! Welcome to Bluelight my friend, we are happy to have you and happy to help you 😀 In service of this principle, I will skip my usual bullshit and cut right to the chase. I think that what you're experiencing is stimulant-induced psychosis. This doesn't mean you're crazy or that this is a permanent situation. This does mean that the next several days could be a little bit tricky for you, but as long as you don't use any more speed, your situation will improve. While we don't know exactly what you had,10g of an Amphetamine is a lot of drugs. This could easily cause someone to experience psychosis.

I think people who aren't that experienced with Amphetamines often have the notion that Amphetamine Psychosis is something that only happens in severe cases of chronic or high dose usage. I'm not personally experienced with it, but I have known people from meetings who have developed psychotic symptoms shortly after trying the drug for the first time. I know 2 people who have dealt with psychotic symptoms from several days straight of usage that have persisted for 2+ weeks. I really wasn't aware of how common this sort of thing was until just recently, as Meth has, up until now not been a New England thing.

We are here to help however we can, but for now I would just recommend trying to relax. hydrate, eat, sleep and just take care of yourself. The symptoms that you're experiencing should improve in a few days' time.

When I regularly used speed, I had such an awful memory. I would forget what I was saying mid sentence, couldnt recall words and would repeat the same stories.

It was probably good speed with 20% meth and 80% amphetamine.
You are experiencing being spun and done .
You're brain is telling you , you have run out of dopamine. But you did take a week off atleast so you're brain got a little dopamine replenishment but you ended up wasting it again by using. This happens to me on meth but I can still remember things and have a good vocabulary. But sometimes I forget what I was about to search for on YouTube LoL.
I think we all should take a long break off of meth/ amphetamines . I definitely need a big long 1 month break.
I've been binging on and off for 3 weeks now with only a one day break and maybe 4 hours of sleep each day but from December 1st - December 4th I had binged fucking hard with no sleep and snorted like 20-25 fat lines of meth in that 4 day period.
So my dopamine is long gone. I'm going to have to commit my self to taking a break.
I'm simply now at the point where I feel no euphoric rush and I'm just getting stimulated.

When I regularly used speed, I had such an awful memory. I would forget what I was saying mid sentence, couldnt recall words and would repeat the same stories.
Hey I havnt done speed since 2006 and that was the only time I tried it . What is speed made with? Is it just crushed adderral pills? I snort meth now but have always been thinking what the fuck is speed lol.

I believe speed is a mix of things, mostly amphetamine, some meth and I've heard they cut it with an agent that gives a mild boost and causes the person to chronically re dose themselves with more speed. Not sure what it's called but it would make sense to me.

What "speed" is varies by geographical location, in the US n Australia it usually refers to lower quality meth that's either racemic made using P2P or dextro meth that hasn't been recrystalised or was crushed in order to add cut, here in the UK and in Europe "speed" refers to racemic amphetamine sulphate which is usually heavily cut with inactives and sometimes RCs which, as much as I don't condone cutting your stuff, I've been told is done both to boost profit but also for user safety. I know a guy who made some sulphate and sold it pure and despite warning people how strong it was, more than half the people he sold to suffered pretty bad overdoses resulting in hospital stays etc.

But in short, in the US and aus: speed=methamphetamine

In the UK and Europe: speed=amphetamine sulphate

Anything else in there is just a cut and not actual "speed" if that makes sense?

That sounds like a pretty normal experience for high dose amphetamine. Honestly, meth is very similar to amphetamine, so if you have no experience it's hard to say what it was for sure. Despite media legends, a little reckless meth use won't fry you completely... and amphetamine is really no better, people can have just as bad a habit of regular amp and it can do just as much damage as meth if you overdo it badly.

You probably were not eating enough, drinking enough, or sleeping enough during your little binge so understandably you're gonna feel worn down for a while. Amphetamine causes your body to use its energy stores and supresses appetite so you don't intake those calories you burn - hence its use as a diet drug for years. If you go long enough without food you get predictable results - mood swings, crashes, lack of energy and awareness. Add the fact that amphetamine has a 12 hour half life so it's still in your blood the day after, affecting your sleep - and you have poor sleep quality to deal with too.

The comforting solution to this problem is to get yourself fed properly and get a solid drug-free night's sleep or two. You are unlikely to have done any permanent harm and will recover for sure. Just don't make a habit of amphetamine binges.

From what I understand, UK speed "base paste" was some mix of amphetamine sulfate, sugar, and alcohol or water. I never lived there though so take that with a grain of salt.

You could possibly function normally for a long enough period of time using amphetamines secretly. Youd have to keep up with personal hygiene and eating and regular sleep. Working would help and using smaller doses while in public. Only getting high alone when duties are done. Wow I'm bad.

You could possibly function normally for a long enough period of time using amphetamines secretly. Youd have to keep up with personal hygiene and eating and regular sleep. Working would help and using smaller doses while in public. Only getting high alone when duties are done. Wow I'm bad.
Ditto :) I used to have access to large amounts of speed, the paste that need kept in the freezer and could go for weeks on it without anyone noticing but as you say hygiene, eating and sleeping are key also don't forget hydration.
I also recommend hitting the gym store or ordering a body mass building suppliment shake if you have trouble eating, a lesson learned from the days of MDPV

Also you have to remind yourself to act the part when your around people. Stay quiet and avoid intimate conversations.

You eerily just described my life right now. Ive reached the biggest tipping point though. I gotta stop as im starting to hallucinate as soon as i do my first couple lines, even after sleeping. Been almost 6 months of daily use o_O

Last edited:
I just took a month off only to be sorely disappointed last night by a shit batch and tapped out ‘doctor’ who slipped thru my vein and knicked the artery underneath leaving me with a 7cmx4cm purple and black bruise that I’m slightly concerned may become an abscess and a waste of $50

Hate that.
Wait all that time and it’s a dud

You eerily just described my life, currently. Ive reached the biggest tipping point though. I gotta stop as im starting to hallucinate as soon as i do my first couple lines, even after sleeping. Been almost 6 months of daily use o_O
Do not let those shadow people get you.

That sounds like a pretty normal experience for high dose amphetamine. Honestly, meth is very similar to amphetamine, so if you have no experience it's hard to say what it was for sure. Despite media legends, a little reckless meth use won't fry you completely... and amphetamine is really no better, people can have just as bad a habit of regular amp and it can do just as much damage as meth if you overdo it badly.

You probably were not eating enough, drinking enough, or sleeping enough during your little binge so understandably you're gonna feel worn down for a while. Amphetamine causes your body to use its energy stores and supresses appetite so you don't intake those calories you burn - hence its use as a diet drug for years. If you go long enough without food you get predictable results - mood swings, crashes, lack of energy and awareness. Add the fact that amphetamine has a 12 hour half life so it's still in your blood the day after, affecting your sleep - and you have poor sleep quality to deal with too.

The comforting solution to this problem is to get yourself fed properly and get a solid drug-free night's sleep or two. You are unlikely to have done any permanent harm and will recover for sure. Just don't make a habit of amphetamine binges.

From what I understand, UK speed "base paste" was some mix of amphetamine sulfate, sugar, and alcohol or water. I never lived there though so take that with a grain of salt.

I have to disagree almost wholeheartedly. Amphetamine abuse Is not even close to as damaging as meth is. I’ve abused
HIGH doses of speed paste (200 mg high quality a day) for months and i bounced back after 3 days of sleep and some good food.

The one weekend I binged on meth left me feeling basically suicidal.

The fact meth depletes serotonin on a scale relative to MDMA is the reason for this, and it is way more neurotoxic and problematic than amp is.

The one weekend I binged on meth left me feeling basically suicidal.

The fact meth depletes serotonin on a scale relative to MDMA is the reason for this, and it is way more neurotoxic and problematic than amp is.
You do any hard stimulant that you have no experience with for a single weekend, its gonna leave you feeling like shit when you crash. That's not exclusive to meth lol. But after a while, you adjust. Doing all that amp paste for so long is probably what saved you from the worst of it when you did stop.
Also, methamphetamine primarily targets dopamine, not serotonin. :D

Last edited: