• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

strain recommendations for functional daytime use

wombat66

Bluelighter
I'm looking for strain recommendations for daytime use, particularly strains which promote or stimulate creativity. Specifically looking for strains which do not induce drowsiness on the one hand, or over-stimulation/paranoia/panic on the other hand. By "functional" I mean the ability to interact socially with the rest of the sober world, not necessarily the ability to operate heavy machinery safely.

Two strains which fit this niche for me are "Lamb's Bread" and "J1".
What else is similar?

imho jack herer delivers exactly what you're after, but it's a fine line and the effects vary between phenotypes so it's really a matter of getting the supply from a familiar clone

Yeah I'm familiar with some of the Jack family. "J1" is a jack herer/skunk#1 hybrid, like it a lot. I find straight Jack Herer a little edgy, but haven't had it in a while. thx

I'm a big fan of the orange strains during the day as well. "Tangie" in particular.

Also Sour Diesel. Or most sativas tbh.

I also suffer from pain so some OGs are hybrid enough for afternoon pain while being functional--Skywalker OG comes to mind.

Yeah I'm familiar with some of the Jack family. "J1" is a jack herer/skunk#1 hybrid, like it a lot. I find straight Jack Herer a little edgy, but haven't had it in a while. thx

yeah i do remember a pheno i had was quite edgy, not very comfortable despite the strain's reputation.

to add to what Felonious said, i've had great experiences also with Blue Dream and Hawaiian Dream in terms of being potent but bright and not debilitating. classic west coast strains like Chemdawg have spun off a lot of great derivatives that have a good mix of physiological effects without dulling the mentals

I've found permafrost to be a good strain for functionality. I can still get things done and it provides a gentle psychedelic glow that seems to enhance mundane activities. A plus is that it doesn't worsen my anxiety either, something that a lot of sativa dominant hybrids seem to do. If you can get your hands on White Fire OG I'd go with that too. Be sure to only smoke small amounts as too much can make me lazy. The right amount is motivating.