• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Storing pills in the fridge

The.Ghost

Bluelighter
I have a number of pills that say "store at 20 -- 25 C". Would storing them at ~5 C be detrimental? Temperature control will be challenging in my living space, so I'm wondering if I can just throw everything in the fridge for a few months and call it good.

The concern in keeping them refrigerated is moisture and you don't want that. What sort of pills are they? Most would keep well if kept at room temperature. You could try putting your pill bottles in a plastic container away from light, like a closet.

I have many different kinds, many left over from previous scripts. There's some of everything from alprazolam to zopliclone. All are either in zip-lock type plastic bags (sealed, minimal headspace) or factory-sealed stock bottles. Would moisture be so much of a concern? As for room temperature, that can easily top 30 C where I live (summer, no HVAC, poor ventilation, etc.).

I guess I might as well go into how I store these things a little. When I get a sealed bottle, I leave it be. I figure cracking it open would reduce shelf life. Anything from a brick-and-mortar pharmacy goes straight into a 5 mil bag with as much air as possible pressed out. I do this to save space: all of those bottles would fill several shoeboxes, whereas all the bags neatly fit into a small box, roughly 4 x 7 x 3".

Last edited: