• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Storing oral solution of pharma meds

john420-420

Greenlighter
Hi guys, sorry if I've posted in the wrong part of the forum boards, and even more so sorry for posting on bluelight when other forums are no doubt more suitable for this question. But in my experience, it's the recreational drug users that have more of an idea about drugs than some doctors lol, I really do mean that and it has been my experience.

Anyways to my real question. How long can an oral solution stay good for? I know it depends on the drug and the storage conditions but a rough idea would be great.

It is an epilepsy medication called lacosomide and I have just had it increased from 100mg twice a day to 150mg twice a day (the info of a med increase has not gone through to my GP yet so I am still using 100mg tabs). The epilepsy nurse said to do 150mg at night and 100mg in morning, then the week after go to 150mg twice a day. I don't feel comfortable doing these 50mg jumps though tbh. Can make you dizzy and have headaches. So I would rather do it on my own accord and use an oral solution. To do 125mg twice a day instead and then go to 150 mg twice a day after a week of that. I am getting the same amount of meds overall, and at least it is not fluctuating and possibly making me feel crap to go with it.

Don't worry I will be making sure I get the amount I need. Maths is a strong point for me lol.

Cheers guys
John

If I were to make up a weeks worth and store it in the fridge in a glass vial would that be ok? E2a: It seems I can easily get away with it. If Amoxycillin suspension has an expiry date of 14 days when stored at room temperature (25?C) then surely my anticonvulsants will be fine for just a week in a glass vial in the fridge?

Last edited:
Unless this drug explicitly says that it goes bad very quick you should have no problems storing it in a cool dry place for extended periods.

I am not familiar with this medication at all so I looked up storage of liquid lacosamide and found this:

"Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. The liquid form should be used/discarded within 7 weeks after opening." (Kaiser Permanente)
https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.or...NRXBYPAFIChfaw!!/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

It sounds like one of those meds that doesn't stay good for extended periods.