• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Storing made up shots

Allure

Bluelighter
I haven't really been able to find much info regarding this so I'm hoping someone within the BL community has/had experience with storing premade shots of meth.

I take all precautionary, harm reducing steps in preparing my shots (new dart, clean water, clean work space, clean hands, filters, etc) so I'm not necessarily worried about a prepared shot becoming contaminated.

Does the potency decrease with time? Could bacteria grow while being stored? Anything else that might be helpful?

The biggest problem with storing ready made shots is the risk of bacterial contamination. If you prepare the shots with bacteriostatic water designed for injection and store them in the fridge then this risk will be minimised - but this doesn't mean they can be stored indefinitely.

However, from an addicts perspective, the biggest risk with storing ready made shots is that they are too easy to access. Chances are that however many you make up, you will use them all before there is any chance of the meth degrading...

Last edited:
I premade 4 Monday morning and did the last one this morning. I figured it would be less stressful to have it ready to go and make hitting easier, but not worth the possible risk of infection.

Bacteriostatic water isn't something the exchange has to give out over here. Where would I be able to find some?

I was under the impression that Diacetylmorphine degrades into Morphine when left in solution for an extended period of time? I am not sure of this at all, but I wanted to throw it out there.

I was under the impression that Diacetylmorphine degrades into Morphine when left in solution for an extended period of time? I am not sure of this at all, but I wanted to throw it out there.

I also found people stating elsewhere that this can happen to shots of heroin also.
The last premade shot of meth I did was 3 days old, I couldn't tell if the potency decreased.