• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Storing Cannabis

Malafight82

Greenlighter
What I've heard is that the best way to store is is a glass airtight container. Everytime I've had weed i keep it in a plastic bag, tightly tied with a thread to allow as little air inside and its always been fine. A couple of days ago I've put some leftover dried twigs into a relatively small plastic container, and it caught on mold and I wonder what caused that. Never had an issue storing it in the plastic bags so I guess material of the box is not the reason. It was totally airtight and I highly doubt there was any moisture inside but cant rule that out completely. Thoughts?

Also, Does glass vs plastic container make a big difference? Is having too big of a container bad, due to the amount of air inside?

What I've heard is that the best way to store is is a glass airtight container. Everytime I've had weed i keep it in a plastic bag, tightly tied with a thread to allow as little air inside and its always been fine. A couple of days ago I've put some leftover dried twigs into a relatively small plastic container, and it caught on mold and I wonder what caused that. Never had an issue storing it in the plastic bags so I guess material of the box is not the reason. It was totally airtight and I highly doubt there was any moisture inside but cant rule that out completely. Thoughts?

Also, Does glass vs plastic container make a big difference? Is having too big of a container bad, due to the amount of air inside?
Mine just come in Mylar bags, but it’s been cured it should stay ripe for years with minimal degradation but it never last that long. If you wanting to save a lot at one time, why not just make bud oil and freeze

It's rather an issue of curiosity what went wrong, rather than finding the optimal way of storing it.

It's rather an issue of curiosity what went wrong, rather than finding the optimal way of storing it.

Well, if it's a guessing game you're looking for then you came to the right place.

1. The container itself may've been contaminated (with mold) prior to storing your "twigs."

2. Your "twigs" may've already had mold beginning to form when you went to store them, and the stale/stagnant conditions of an airtight jar could've allowed it to flourish.

3. Your airtight container may not've been as airtight as you thought it was.

4. Any chance that you misidentified the mold?

There's probably a bunch more but I drew a blank and got bored after #4. For what it's worth, I think #2 and #3 are most likely to be the cause of your issue.All 4 are possible, though.

I tend to store ounces for months at a time. Longest I've gone was maybe 7 or 8 months (low-quality pick-up that I rectified with a top-shelf purchase almost immediately) and I've never had a mold problem that I'm aware of. All I do is bag the bud into an open sandwich bag (one that doesn't seal), then squeeze the bag into my jar. If it's my current day-to-day stash then it's getting burped once a day-- if it's just excess then it'll get burped weekly, maybe bi-weekly if I'm especially lazy...

And that fucker is without a doubt airtight, because the second I crack a jar it's like someone set off a boof-bomb in the house. Sometimes I won't even break down again because I don't like feeling like I'm living in a growhouse. That raw pot smell gets me really paranoid, man. :(

Last edited:
I just today looked at the site of a shop - the highest thc-level was 48!!! And to make it not smelling is easy just vacuuming and you smelll nothing. I also want to now how a 30 percent-grass feels, but 48? anaesthesia?

JJ

I just today looked at the site of a shop - the highest thc-level was 48!!! And to make it not smelling is easy just vacuuming and you smelll nothing. I also want to now how a 30 percent-grass feels, but 48? anaesthesia?

JJ

Ever done a dab?

Dabs can range from the low 70% to the low-to-mid 90% range (they can be lower than 70% but that typically means you either fucked up or intentionally used weaker nugs for a more medicinal experience), so if you've ever hit a dab pen or a rig then you can most definitely handle 48% and still be able to feel your face.

The trick with weed that potent is to remember that less is more, and you don't need to smoke a 1g joint to get your head right like you usually would. Like, me personally? I think if I faced a gram of weed that was 48% THC I'd be out like a light before I had the chance to raid the kitchen. I'd probably put like .2g-.3g into my vape at a time, and still get two or three sessions out of something that strong.

Dry places, a zip bag or jar. It doesn't have any potency effects, it just keeps it safe.

[QUOTE="Jibult

And that fucker is without a doubt airtight, because the second I crack a jar it's like someone set off a boof-bomb in the house. Sometimes I won't even break down again because I don't like feeling like I'm living in a growhouse. That raw pot smell gets me really paranoid, man. :(
[/QUOTE]
One of the first outdoor grows I harvested was stored in an airtight aluminum coleman cooler
(about a half lb. stored in various weighted ziplocks)
Even cured before coolered it instantly skunked about 1800 sq. ft. the minute it was opened !

never store weed in plastic bags it rubs all the trichomes off. Store in glass jar will be more potent to smoke

It rubs a bit, but it doesn't rub all. And then when the bag's finished it becomes my AVB bag. I like to think it helps freshen up the AVB a bit, you know?

But no, I do that because I don't want to end up with shake/kief caked on the bottom... but mainly I just don't want my weed touching any part of my smell-proof jar and permanently putting a smell on it. That shit can be tricky because even if you can't smell it there's always that chance that a dog could, and my weed's been known to go traveling.

Ever done a dab?

Dabs can range from the low 70% to the low-to-mid 90% range (they can be lower than 70% but that typically means you either fucked up or intentionally used weaker nugs for a more medicinal experience), so if you've ever hit a dab pen or a rig then you can most definitely handle 48% and still be able to feel your face.

The trick with weed that potent is to remember that less is more, and you don't need to smoke a 1g joint to get your head right like you usually would. Like, me personally? I think if I faced a gram of weed that was 48% THC I'd be out like a light be

fore I had the chance to raid the kitchen. I'd probably put like .2g-.3g into my vape at a time, and still get two or three sessions out of something that strong.
[/QUOTEnyw

No,

never done a dub. In my country Cannabis is still forbidden so I cannot only choose this and that. Anyway I know very well what a dab is. I'm smoking Cannabis since more than 20 years and always followed the news ,the restrictions and so on. I'm also an active member of the

arge-canna-at

AH: perhaps YOU need to smoke a gram of your 48% (tsetsetse) Cannabis but me and my ADHD, we have a totally different brain-metabolism and for sure you dont know about before you judge me. Thanks!

We try to legalize real buds from patients for patients, so that you can with a special indication get aprescription and can get their buds. It's hard, the Austrians are not very open to things like that but we fight.

JJ

AH: perhaps YOU need to smoke a gram of your 48% (tsetsetse) Cannabis but me and my ADHD, we have a totally different brain-metabolism and for sure you dont know about before you judge me. Thanks!

I couldn't figure out who or what the AH meant, but if that's still addressing me then sorry, man, I didn't mean to come off as judgmental. All I meant was that 48% is some strong weed and it's best to tread carefully with small amounts lest you want to find yourself uncomfortably high.

1g+ joints are pretty typical in my experience, and I absolutely wouldn't smoke a gram of that all at once. But well.... maybe, but I for damn sure wouldn't make a habit out of it. Same thing with wax for me; it's nice to pick up every now and again but, from what I've seen, using it daily's a great way to fuck your head up.

Mine comes in plastic tubes from the dispensary. I just vaccuum seal the tubes I'm not using and I don't get any noticeable degradation, even after months of storage.

513uwFJ-PGL.jpg