• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Storing blotter paper in amber glasses vials ?

Hi,

You have AL-LAD for 3 - 4 years? Just how... AL-LAD was first put on sale on July 2013. That's only 2 years old right?

The Journal of Analytical Toxicology tested and discussed the stability of LSD here.

Journal of Analytical Toxicology said:
J Anal Toxicol. 1998 Oct;22(6):520-5.
Stability study of LSD under various storage conditions.
Li Z1, McNally AJ, Wang H, Salamone SJ.

Author information
Drug Monitoring Research and Development Department, Roche Diagnostics, Somerville, New Jersey 08876, USA.

Abstract

A controlled study was undertaken to determine the stability of LSD in pooled urine samples. The concentrations of LSD in urine samples were followed over time at various temperatures, in different types of storage containers, at various exposures to different wavelengths of light, and at varying pH values. LSD concentrations were measured quantitatively by the Abuscreen RIA and by HPLC using a fluorescence detection method. Good correlation was observed between the immunoassay and the fluorescent integrity of the LSD molecule. Thermostability studies were conducted in the dark with various containers. These studies demonstrated no significant loss in LSD concentration at 25 degrees C for up to 4 weeks. After 4 weeks of incubation, a 30% loss in LSD concentration at 37 degrees C and up to a 40% at 45 degrees C were observed. Urine fortified with LSD and stored in amber glass or nontransparent polyethylene containers showed no change in concentration under any light conditions. Stability of LSD in transparent containers under light was dependent on the distance between the light source and the samples, the wavelength of light, exposure time, and the intensity of light. After prolonged exposure to heat in alkaline pH conditions, 10 to 15% of the parent LSD epimerized to iso-LSD. Under acidic conditions, less than 5% of the LSD was converted to iso-LSD. We also demonstrated that trace amounts of metal ions in buffer or urine could catalyze the decomposition of LSD and that this process can be avoided by the addition of EDTA. This study demonstrates the importance of proper storage conditions of LSD in urine in order to insure proper analytical testing results over time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9788528

Yeah great info. Now excuse me while I pee on my tabs. :D

"We also demonstrated that trace amounts of metal ions in buffer or urine could catalyze the decomposition of LSD and that this process can be avoided by the addition of EDTA" <- this makes me think that it might be best to not wrap the tabs in aluminum foil after all.

That's what I said, Star! It's conjectural, but I wager that oxidation or something similar coming from the foil is not good for these lysergamides...

I agree that storing them in the amber vials will work, but remember if you DO get access to a fridge or freezer in the future BE SURE TO LET THEM WARM TO ROOM TEMP BEFORE OPENING! Otherwise you will get condensation inside your vial and your blotters may be phucked.
That's why I don't recommend storing them in a freezer. That, and because in the course of long term storage its hard to rule out whoever crossing mysterious vials when looking for burritos or whatever.

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C available for purchase in the canning section of many grocery stores) is an oxygen absorber that might function under conditions more far ranging than iron-based oxygen absorbers. I've also tossed that alongside dessicants into vials containing blotters in baggies inside ceramic jars with metal lids in the past. The idea is redundant protection that can be transferred easily and stored out of the way. It may not all be necessary, but everything -- the jars, vials, jerky oxygen absorbers, shoe-box desicants, grocery store ascorbic acid -- is cheap and of little inconvenience to obtain relative to future securing quantities of good lysergamides on blotter.

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of a dilemma, and could use some help. My goal is to store lysergamide tabs for many many years with minimal degradation. Should I:

A: Keep tabs in their original sealed plastic-foil packaging, and put that in the feezer (inside a ziplock with dessicant)
or B: take tabs out of packaging, and store them in amber glass vials - planning on wrapping the tabs in paper, then embedding them within silica gel beads inside amber glass vials. These would go in freezer as well.

What would you do?

edit: crap I just realized paper might have residual bleaching chemicals in it (like chlorine). Do you think this is worth worrying about?

Last edited: