• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Storage Subthread] Tryptamines

i stored 5-meo-dmt freebase powder in an airtight amber glass vial with a dessicant and oxygen absorberpack within the glass in my freezer for 2 years without any loss of potency. not even the color changed, while a reference sample in my cupboard at room temperature and within in a plastic baggy turned tan with brown spots on the baggies lid.

i guess oxygen-free and below 20°C is the way to go for tryptamines, especially freebase material.

FYI, my AMT freebase, double ziplocked in drawer for 18 months: same powder same power.

Have you at least verified by water solubility that it is freebase?

Cool, well it is interesting and it can be an inspiring example for those people who are anxious about getting and storing freebase.

I've stored 4-ho-met (fumarate salt) in it's original baggy at room temperature for a few months and it didn't suffer no noticeable loss of potency and/or color/texture.

Is there a general rule of thumb to measure the degradation of base tryptamines left out of a freezer?
I have my MET stored in a baggy inside of another bag with 2 large desiccant packs-stored inside another air tight bag and bottled in an orange plastic pharmacy bottle. I will be switching to vials soon, what color is best to prevent it from degrading?

Unfortunately I can't store any of my compounds in my freezer so I'm left wondering what is the best way to preserve my tryptamines.

Has anyone yet figured out a non toxic liquid it which the 4-ho trypts (4-ho-met specifically) would remain stable (and obviously dissolve in as well) for at least a month or two?

I know water is out.
What about PEG, ethanol (99.6% ), oil, ethyl oleate...
Or one of those + freezer?

Hi guys/girls I was just wondering if one had 5-15 grans of various tryps would it be a good idea to fill a bunch of jell caps put them in amber bottles and then use argon before you cap them up and freeze? So that way you don't have thaw out your whole stash when you want to get some out of the freezer? This is obviously for long term storage.
Thank.

It is probably a real pain to get it (all) out of the gel caps again, better seems to just use regular baggies or use those wax-paper snowseals then put the enveloped ones in a baggie with 0,5 or 1g each or something. With snowseals the loss is minimal, they are relatively non-sticky. I use them, combined with regular baggies (and/or)... I don't use them always, I am not made of money.

As for solvents, water as well as alcohols and PEG are all protic which means they can ionize tryptamines and produce reactive species sensitive to oxidation reactions. DMSO is a non-protic solvent that comes as close to a universal solvent as we tend to get, it seems you often can reach high concentrations. However, while it is not really that toxic per se, it is also not advisable to ingest copious amounts of it. So you would need to make a concentrated solution that would require ideally sub-milliliter volumes for your normal dosage range, and use a measured 1 ml (1 cc) syringe for relatively good dose control.
You should then also freeze separate volumes so that indeed you don't have to thaw out your whole stash each time. DMSO freezes (i.e. solidifies) even faster (at higher temps) than water.

Going for drops to dose a compound does not tend to be a good idea, in my opinion, unless you take care of some disadvantages / traps.

Honestly, it would be a bit ridiculous though, to go through this hassle to be able to make a solution and dose volumetrically. Especially if you are forced to choose a solvent that doesn't even stay liquid in the deepfreeze anyway.
Why don't you just buy a sensitive mg scale (they can be inexpensive), and store sensitive compounds in solid state?? And for 2 months only even.. (I see those 2 months have passed a number of times by now, lol)

I store in double baggies , with as much air pressed out as possible , with silica gel sachets next to the chems in the inner baggies .
I keep the baggies in air-tight plastic sandwich-type box , with a generous sprinkle of uncooked rice to absorb any condensation that might occur . Occasionally I replace the rice to be safe . [ the box is stored in the fridge .]
Allow box to reach room temp before opening .
No problems whatsoever , and some items are perfect after several years .

[ Recently I inquired of a dark net vendor how best to store LSD . I was advised to protect from light and moisture as best as possible , however , refrigeration was unnecessary as LSD is not affected by household temps .... ]

Last edited: