• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Stopping the itch.

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
This is something that many users of opiates/opioids experience at some time or another and can be really irritating,to the point of scratching yourself red raw.

Scientists have now found a way of stopping it.

"the pain killing properties would remain intact" - but would the euphoria?

I find taking a moderate dose of anti-histamine 20-30 mins BEFORE your opiate dose helps a lot. AH's are very good at PREVENTING the opiitch but not very good at helping it once it starts.

Pop a benadryl before dosing your opiods/opiates/opium/dope/kratom/ whatever ya doin these days. Like half an hour prior like CE said. Or don't and perhaps be itchy. I do find the overwhelming itch annoying, but usually only begin to feel like that after I've been consistently dosing. I guess what I mean is it's never seemed to be a complaint lodged by recreational opiod users, mostly habitual users who are dosing for pain or simply because they need to keep dosing.

I love the itch.

It's not something good for public though. If you scratch yourself like a dog with fleas grandma will give you a good stare. Benadryl makes me really grouchy and sleepy. I hate NyQuil too. I'd rather just be itchy.