• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stopping Oxycodone after a couple of years. Low dose daily. Withdraw symptoms?

kris50

Greenlighter
Ive done a lot of reading here but cant seem to find the best answer. Here goes.

I have been taking oxycodone for 2 years+ for a spinal condition. Pills are 10/325 but I cut them in half. Depending on the day I take 1/2 a pill up to 1.5. Rarely I go over 2 10/325 in a single day. I ONLY take these in the afternoon or night when the back has been working all day. The reality is they work well and I have them under good control. By control I mean I dont steadily increase the dosage. Never use for recreation but Ive been taking them in the evenings by habit just to keep the back pain away. Im very active and like an energetic feel, hence the desire to stay off if possible. The pills seem to give me a tired feeling. Has anyone been on a long term use pattern but at a low dosage? Occasionally I forget to take one and Im fine the next day although the back is a bit more painful. Any thoughts on what a week off of this will be like? Maybe some bowel discomfort or nervousness? Worse?

It would be hard to say for sure how you would feel with no oxycodone after using it pretty much every day for a couple years. You mentioned that there were times where you forgot to take it and you felt alright. Next time try and go two days. Then you would be able to gauge if there will be an issue with discontinuation.

Ive done a lot of reading here but cant seem to find the best answer. Here goes.

I have been taking oxycodone for 2 years+ for a spinal condition. Pills are 10/325 but I cut them in half. Depending on the day I take 1/2 a pill up to 1.5. Rarely I go over 2 10/325 in a single day. I ONLY take these in the afternoon or night when the back has been working all day. The reality is they work well and I have them under good control. By control I mean I dont steadily increase the dosage. Never use for recreation but Ive been taking them in the evenings by habit just to keep the back pain away. Im very active and like an energetic feel, hence the desire to stay off if possible. The pills seem to give me a tired feeling. Has anyone been on a long term use pattern but at a low dosage? Occasionally I forget to take one and Im fine the next day although the back is a bit more painful. Any thoughts on what a week off of this will be like? Maybe some bowel discomfort or nervousness? Worse?

I honestly think you'll be fine. that is a tiny dose. people take 300mg+ in a day. hard to say for sure though.

I ran out of my prescription early and i would take 30MG 3-4x a day. I ran out 5 days early and i was able to avoid withdrawals with kratom - 5Gs every 6-10 hours. I should have just quit, but basically get kratom then drop down your kratom dose slowly after. You will barely even need much with your dose if you can get kratom. Without it you probably will have some mild anxiety, insomnia, and potentially hot/cold flashes. It will last for 4-5 days and then you will end up being fine. In reality it will probably feel like you have a slight cold/flu with some mild aches.

I ran out of my prescription early and i would take 30MG 3-4x a day. I ran out 5 days early and i was able to avoid withdrawals with kratom - 5Gs every 6-10 hours. I should have just quit, but basically get kratom then drop down your kratom dose slowly after. You will barely even need much with your dose if you can get kratom. Without it you probably will have some mild anxiety, insomnia, and potentially hot/cold flashes. It will last for 4-5 days and then you will end up being fine. In reality it will probably feel like you have a slight cold/flu with some mild aches.

Yeah kratom is a great tool that helped me get off opiates. I don't know if its necessary for OP though. He's taking the equivalent of two T3s a day.

Thank you guys a bunch. I'm going to do this starting April 11th. I'll be doing other treatments and etc. for the back leading up to the scaling back of Oxy. Hopefully there can be a trade-off for the back pain.

One other question... I've taken it for so long that I cant tell the difference between what it feels like on or off Oxy. Everytime I wake up in the morning I wonder if the tired feeling I have is from being older (45) or taking 5-10mg percocet the afternoon/evening of the day before.