• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

stopping desvenlafaxine

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
I stopped desvenlafaxine three days ago. I stayed one year taking it (100 mg) and 1 month (50 mg) to taper it down. In my country, 50 mg is the lowest dose.

Having some withdrawal symptoms, namely dizziness and brain zaps. So far, it is not getting better in these three days. It is annoying me, it gets worse with physical exercise; driving it has been hard, I tried once and I have given up.

How long until these symptoms disappear? I wanna to be free of this shit, I don’t feel like introducing a similar drug in this meantime to help ease the body off of the medicament, it is not a good plan.

SSRI and SNRI withdrawal can be pretty rough.You have the brain zaps for a couple weeks and the other withdrawal symptoms last close to a month.The insomnia. Anxiety, confusion all that bullshit

If you got capsules, you can taper with the beads, I did the same with 50mg, an old pharmacist lady thought me to open the capsule and fill a pen cap with beads, and every week I was reducing a cap because I didn't have access to a lower dosed capsule either.

Are you having any reimmergence of the symptoms you where on it for or just withdrawl?

Im not a doctor but maybe you could ask about taking it every other day. That way you have more than 0 mg but less than 50 mg in you

I stopped desvenlafaxine three days ago. I stayed one year taking it (100 mg) and 1 month (50 mg) to taper it down. In my country, 50 mg is the lowest dose.

Having some withdrawal symptoms, namely dizziness and brain zaps. So far, it is not getting better in these three days. It is annoying me, it gets worse with physical exercise; driving it has been hard, I tried once and I have given up.

How long until these symptoms disappear? I wanna to be free of this shit, I don’t feel like introducing a similar drug in this meantime to help ease the body off of the medicament, it is not a good plan.

I feel for you. That medication sucks. I was on it, told doctor it was a side effect drug and switched to another ssri. I know that is not a ssri, but I was able to start a new drug and avoid the withdrawal. Any reason you are just stopping it without another drug to replace it?

If you have to withdrawal without another drug to replace it, slow down. I said before, it sucks. Well straight up withdrawal is a bitch.
The only thing you can do is go really slow in your withdrawal. I mean slower then you are. Less likely to have real garbage side effects. \\

I mean say you are stable on 50 mg. If they are capsules, do some math and try to get a rough estimate of a few mg's .

If it's a 50 mg capsule, open it, divide it into 5 piles, which is roughly 10 mg each. Now take one of those close enough to 10 mg piles and divide it 4 ways.
That would be 2.5 mg roughly. If you want the subjectively easiest taper, I would take 2.5 mg off.

This is a fast withdrawal drug. Half life is short. If you want exact numbers, easy to look up.

Just lower your dosage slow and you will have less side effects. I was on the parent drug. It has an interaction with everything.

I hope the best. Take your time. If you can find some benzodiazepines, that may help a bit.

damn it. One week, same shit, it does not go away. I do not recommend anyone to take this medicine, the withdrawal it is like a labyrinthitis, it is considerably strong. Imagine the damage that this drug has caused to my brain.

I have stopped it because I was not seeing effects anymore. But I cannot deny the circumstances, it has helped me when I was going crazy having panic attacks, but now I have noticed that the prices were high too, I am paying the price, undoubtedly.

Without it, apart from the dizziness and some eventual anxiety, I can tell you that I am feeling better. This is a very strong drug, very strong, it is incredible how it is indiscriminately prescribed.

If necessary, I would stick to another antidepressant (not desvenlafaxine), but really, I would take an antidepressant again only if EXTREMELY necessary.

Did you start the drug yourself or did a doctor start you on the drug. I heard there was a difference.

A doctor tapers you up to the correct dosage that you respond to. When it is time to end the medicine, they put a taper schedule together or switch you to a different medication.

I feel for you. That medication sucks. I was on it, told doctor it was a side effect drug and switched to another ssri. I know that is not a ssri, but I was able to start a new drug and avoid the withdrawal. Any reason you are just stopping it without another drug to replace it?

If you have to withdrawal without another drug to replace it, slow down. I said before, it sucks. Well straight up withdrawal is a bitch.
The only thing you can do is go really slow in your withdrawal. I mean slower then you are. Less likely to have real garbage side effects. \\

I mean say you are stable on 50 mg. If they are capsules, do some math and try to get a rough estimate of a few mg's .

If it's a 50 mg capsule, open it, divide it into 5 piles, which is roughly 10 mg each. Now take one of those close enough to 10 mg piles and divide it 4 ways.
That would be 2.5 mg roughly. If you want the subjectively easiest taper, I would take 2.5 mg off.

This is a fast withdrawal drug. Half life is short. If you want exact numbers, easy to look up.

Just lower your dosage slow and you will have less side effects. I was on the parent drug. It has an interaction with everything.

I hope the best. Take your time. If you can find some benzodiazepines, that may help a bit.

This is pretty decent advice. Look it up. It is a medication that interacts with just about everything. But it's great for those who need it and do no other real psychoactive substances.