• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stopping bupenorphine using heroin

Blkstarrouge

Bluelighter
Has anyone else ever came off of heroin using bupe and then after a day or so stopped the bupe and used heroin. I have done this multiple times and it seems like the day after using the heroin I have no withdrawal symptoms. I never got the full effects from the heroin, obviously I had taken bupe 24 hours prior. I have noticed after doing this a few times that that 3rd day with nothing I have no WD symptoms. Anyone have a similar experience or am I just an anomaly?

I can feel withdrawal 24 hours after my last buprenorphine dose, after 48 hours it already feels like withdrawal from any other opioid (+ specific bupe withdrawal symptoms).

were you tapering w/ the bupe? could be because you successfully weaned yourself off opiates w/ a rapid taper then in doing heroin a single time it was not enough use to provoke w/ds as you were no longer physically addicted.

I most definitely am physically addicted. I was on a 2 month run (heroin) then kicked to get in bupe. Did bupe for a day then the next day heroin. On day 3 with nothing I felt fine even approaching the 24 hour mark. I wouldn't say that I was 100% but a solid 80. I can easily handle being at 80% with a little gabapentin and a few Imodium. The thing is, I have done this numerous times and it always seems to work out like this. I Understand the half life for the bupe is substantial though after 48 hours on bupe alone I would need another dose. I don't know if it's because while the bupe was leaving I was replacing or filling my receptors with a short acting full agonist opioid. Once that had left my system I still had that bupe coming off but just not as much. It's played out a few times like this and I can't understand why...

With all due respect to the challenges of trying to kick drug addiction, I would suggest not introducing anymore Bupe into your system until you make up your mind and stop confusing your whole system. The smallest tolerance to Bupe from using it not as directed, might affect how much it can help you while you are in your final W/D's. Good luck.