• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stomach Acid Altering the Efficacy of Hydrocodone

thisgirlrighthere

Greenlighter
I take 2 10's of Hydrocodone each night to get a good buzz going, and I have noticed that some nights it does not work at ALL. It works perfectly find one night on an empty stomach, then the next night on an empty stomach it doesn't work. On the nights it doesn't work, I notice that I have an excess of stomach acid or reflux going on that could have been there when I took the pills. So my question is, if you have a lot of stomach acid prior to taking it, can it make the pills useless somehow? Is there any way to reverse that like an hour after taking them and realizing they didn't work, or are they just lost? Thanks for your advice!!! :)

If you think that the acidity of your stomach is playing a significant role in the efficacy of your drugs, you can simple take an antacid a few minutes prior to dosing your Hydrocodone. You can take tums or your can just use a tablespoon of baking soda. See what happens. For the record, it should not make a huge difference if you have an acidic environment in your stomach.