View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Sting: Lets end the war on drugs.

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Sting-010.jpg

"Whether it's music, activism or daily life, the one ideal to which I have always aspired is constant challenge -- taking risks, stepping out of my comfort zone, exploring new ideas.

I am writing because I believe the United States must do precisely that -- and so, therefore, must all of us -- in the case of what has been the most unsuccessful, unjust yet untouchable issue in politics: the War on Drugs.

The War on Drugs has failed -- but it's worse than that. It is actively harming our society. Violent crime is thriving in the shadows to which the drug trade has been consigned. People who genuinely need help can't get it. Neither can people who need medical marijuana to treat terrible diseases. We are spending billions, filling up our prisons with non-violent offenders and sacrificing our liberties."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sting/lets-end-the-war-on-drugs_b_519505.html

Thought I would post this as the only sane thing to do is becoming closer and closer to a reality.

This is a couple years old so if it has been posted before sorry.. I looked and didn't find it...

it would be nice to get more famous people getting this message out. thats how things really get going, unfortunately, but famous people are the shepherds to the american sheep.

prohibition is fucking things up, i wish the legal system wasnt so stubborn.