Stimulating Appetite

OverDone

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys,

I'm a bit concerned about my lack of appetite. Food is really unappealing to me the last month and a half to two months and I can't figure out why (I used to have a huge appetite).

Currently I:

Inject ~300 - 375mg Sustanon/week (2 injections/week for the last year)
Consume ~280 grams of protein/day (via protein powder)
200mg DHEA/day

Daily amino acid profile is:
L-Leucine 981 mg †
L-Lysine
(from L-Lysine Monohydrochloride) 888 mg †
L-Phenylalanine 771 mg †
L-Valine 561 mg †
L-Threonine 468 mg †
L-Isoleucine 444 mg †
L-Methionine 443 mg †
L-Histidine
(from L-Histidine Monohydrochloride) 328 mg †
L-Tryptophan
L- Ornithine
L- Arginine
L- Lysine
L- Tyrosine
L- Glutamine​

I'm close to 44 years old
220 lbs
(I'm uncertain of my body fat. Perhaps 12% roughly)

I work out on average 5 days a week (a good week would be working out every day)
I mountain bike on dirt trails once a week and ride on pavement at least twice a week.

As stated earlier, I previously had a voracious appetite but now food is mostly an unappealing concept.

Not only is this very unhealthy but it most certainy is affecting my gains.

Any thoughts on how I can get my appetite back? Perhaps some of the amino acids are affecting my appetite?

I'm pretty much at a loss and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

How long have you been bulking? I've experienced when I'm bulking over a larger period of time the appetite begins to fade.
Also, are you taking any stimulants during the day?

What you could do is make some shakes with calories, oats in a blender is often a good calorie booster.

One I personally do is

100g of oats
2 raw eggs
600mL milk
25g of cocoa powder (For flavor, the shake gets too thick if using protein powder in my opinion)
Some oil can be added if you need more calories.

Blend the oats first in a blender and add the rest afterwards.

Last edited:
I've been doing 5x5s for about a year and a half (heaviest weight I can do so the last rep of the last set is to failure - give or take)

Hmmm... I should have added that I do take a pre-workout (Cellucor C4). Also, I work 4pm to 12am. During my shift I drink two cups of green tea with added caffeine in it.

I've been doing this amount of caffeine for a while and never had a problem. I wonder if this is a side of long term caffeine? I question that being the case since there are so many others that drink massive amounts of caffeine and still manage to eat (even to excess)

I love the oats idea. I used to grind them in a coffee grinder and add to my protein powder. I just REALLY would like to be able to get back to actual eating. (sometimes I have to force my shakes down)

Thanks for the easy recipe. I used to drink raw eggs but my girl is afraid I'll get sick from it so I had to promise I wouldn't. (think I'll sneak it in anyway because I want to try that recipe)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm a bit concerned about my lack of appetite. Food is really unappealing to me the last month and a half to two months and I can't figure out why (I used to have a huge appetite).

Currently I:

Inject ~300 - 375mg Sustanon/week (2 injections/week for the last year)
Consume ~280 grams of protein/day (via protein powder)
200mg DHEA/day

Daily amino acid profile is:
L-Leucine 981 mg †
L-Lysine
(from L-Lysine Monohydrochloride) 888 mg †
L-Phenylalanine 771 mg †
L-Valine 561 mg †
L-Threonine 468 mg †
L-Isoleucine 444 mg †
L-Methionine 443 mg †
L-Histidine
(from L-Histidine Monohydrochloride) 328 mg †
L-Tryptophan
L- Ornithine
L- Arginine
L- Lysine
L- Tyrosine
L- Glutamine​

I'm close to 44 years old
220 lbs
(I'm uncertain of my body fat. Perhaps 12% roughly)

I work out on average 5 days a week (a good week would be working out every day)
I mountain bike on dirt trails once a week and ride on pavement at least twice a week.

As stated earlier, I previously had a voracious appetite but now food is mostly an unappealing concept.

Not only is this very unhealthy but it most certainy is affecting my gains.

Any thoughts on how I can get my appetite back? Perhaps some of the amino acids are affecting my appetite?

I'm pretty much at a loss and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Run some boldenone and you always be hungry :)

Before you choose to treat this with running more AAS and/or supplements. I would also advise you to talk to your doctor, I had a sudden loss of appetite and it was because of an over production of stomach acid.

If your girl is afraid of you getting sick of raw eggs, check your national health service of what they advise. In Denmark, where I live, the health board has withdrawn the warnings for salmonella because it doesn't really exist in eggs overhere anymore.

Maybe this can be the case for you too, and then tell her it's OK. ;)

Before you choose to treat this with running more AAS and/or supplements. I would also advise you to talk to your doctor, I had a sudden loss of appetite and it was because of an over production of stomach acid.

If your girl is afraid of you getting sick of raw eggs, check your national health service of what they advise. In Denmark, where I live, the health board has withdrawn the warnings for salmonella because it doesn't really exist in eggs overhere anymore.

Maybe this can be the case for you too, and then tell her it's OK. ;)

Yeah, I would prefer to just stick with my current testosterone regimen and not run anything else.

There was a time when I would 'drink' 6 to 12 raw eggs for breakfast in the morning for about a year. Never had an issue. It's interesting to know that salmonella isn't an issue where you live. I'll do some research on stats here in the states.

I need to schedule an appointment with the doc soon anyway for a standard check up. I'll run it by him/her.

Yeah, I would prefer to just stick with my current testosterone regimen and not run anything else.

There was a time when I would 'drink' 6 to 12 raw eggs for breakfast in the morning for about a year. Never had an issue. It's interesting to know that salmonella isn't an issue where you live. I'll do some research on stats here in the states.

I need to schedule an appointment with the doc soon anyway for a standard check up. I'll run it by him/her.

Egg protein is more digestible (94% versus 55-64% ) when heated, probably due to alteration of the protein’s structure and the ability of digestive enzymes to infiltrate peptide bonds.

I was going to touch on that ^^^ though I wasn't sure if it was just broscience or not :)

I had heard this as well but didn't understand the mechanics.

I would prefer cooked eggs. I originally did them raw simply because I had to wake up at 3am for work back in the day. It was a fast and easy breakfast. Unpleasant but convenient :)

Common culprit for a sudden loss of appetite can be the Helicobacter Pylori bacterial infection which, as mentioned above, is usually (but not always) recognised by a sudden increase in stomach acid production (and inflammation). Ask for the test when you have your check up.

You know something that is sold to increase appetite, specifically, is Megestrol acetate, according to wiki.

I ate quite a few methandrostenolone last week and was eating food like crazy, especially pork (mainly bacon), which is unlikely to be good for arteries because need more vegetable. Anyway, might start eating more ham instead of bacon.

I was reading the patent on flutamide, and they are feeding it to porcine to decrease excessive androgens in male boars can change meat properties less bad smell.

http://www.google.com/patents/US4144270

Last edited:
Personally, waking up very early, like 4-5am, to exercise each day stimulates appetite noticeably more than working out later. That can be difficult with all but perfect sleep hygiene and a set schedule. YMMV.

Some amino acids can suppress appetite, especially if taken in large doses on their own, i.e. supplements. Off the top of my head, two listed in the OP are arginine and tyrosine.

I've found the "examine" website useful for determining what supplements could possibly increase and decrease appetite.

Pharmaceutical are fairly commonly discussed - mirtazapine, cyproheptadine, etc. Since you are taking exogenous testosterone, megace and other hormonal drugs may be an option.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I removed one supplement (Amino-9 Essentials™ Powder - 330 g by NOW) and shortly after, I was eating like a horse.
This particular supplement had the L-Phenylalanine (771 mg) in it whicha has been suggested as a possible culprit.
I can't say whether this is the definitive reason for a return of my appetite (which is huge again) but its definitely a candidate.

I didn't want to introduce other compounds into my regimen because I want to keep things simple (but htank you for the sugggestions)

A for suggesting cannabis... that would work but I don't get high in any way ("get high" substances just aren't for me)