• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants to take when drinking alcohol

Rock1084

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
Alcohol seems to make me more tired than it does most people, at least that's my perception. I always noticed this while growing up, I'd be going drink for drink with my friends, they would be roaring with energy and I'd be contemplating getting a cab home. I'm wondering if there are any substances that mix well with alcohol that could help fend off this sort of fatigue? I'm thinking maybe some sort of nootropic, maybe microdosing shrooms or LSD, or popping a pseudoephidrine hydrochloride? Not sure what effect these will have when mixed with alcohol, but these are my go to for when I'm in need of an energy boost during sobriety.

We get a lot of these posts from new users and it's totally understandable, but we typically do not advise people on what drugs to take. Sure, we can make broad recommendations, but it's just like how I can't tell you your favorite flavor of ice cream. Nobody knows precisely which combination will work for you or that you will "enjoy" the most. You just have to experiment. Be aware that using stimulants with Alcohol is a great way to get to a catasrophic hangover. You become even more dehydrated from the stimulants and combined with the Alcohol, it makes it extremely difficult to stay hydrated, which is the cornerstone of what determines the severity of a hangover (among other things).

Be aware that the combination of Alcohol and stimulants can take down the best of us. Make sure you don't have anything to do the following day.

The "Tired" feeling you get from Alcohol would be counteracted for a few hours or so if you were to take say, Amphetamine, but once the Amphetamine wears off, that tired feeling will bite you much harder.

Abuse of alcohol, even a one-off evening of drinking, puts some strain on the cardiovascular system - stimulants almost without exception amplify that. Taking something like pseudoephedrine which has negligible CNS stimulation and a lot of peripherial action is ill-advised. If you want to keep up, then go for a coffee maybe? Of course it goes without saying that actually taking a cab home is the wiser choice, but if you really must, then something along the lines of amphetamine should work. Make sure, though, to take the minimal possible dose and not make a habit of it for the reasons Keif stated in his post.

Micro- or minidosing LSD would be my preferred choice since I'm experienced with psychedelics and a minidosed tryptamine or ergotamine keeps one awake without messing with the heart too much etc. But then again it seems like a waste of good serotonergic tolerance to use LSD or psilocin to just stay awake for a night of drinking, which in and of itself is among the most pointless drug-related activities IMO.

Drink more alcohol and get your tolerance up. Or eat before and during you drink so you don't get too drunk.

Red Bull and Vodka is a popular drink but after too many the antics get more unpredictable and wild and friends get tired of babysitting but if could keep your intake modest it might serve you well.

Stay Safe..

Methylphenidate and Alcohol I've found to be an enjoyable mix. When Methylphenidate is Combined with Alcohol it creates an analog of Methylphenidate, Ethylphenidate. I wouldn't make it a regular thing to do. Personally I use Methylphenidate daily, and drink alcohol maybe twice a year. The combo is not good on the liver. And also be sure to stay hydrated.

I dunno, I always liked combining meth with a beer or two, but it's not like I would recommend that to anyone. As everyone else said, it's incredibly taxing on the body and spirit. If you do this, drink some fluids between each drink and especially afterward.

Honestly, I have the same problem with alcohol. Shit makes me lethargic most of the time, and after an hour or two I'm ready to call it a night. I solved this by going out with my friends and taking a different drug more to my liking (no, plz don't drive on drugs), and while they drank I sat back in my comfortable headspace w/o crapping out early.

Stay safe and all that important shit. <33