• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Stimulants do not cause mydriasis anymore.

Phobos

Bluelighter
As the title says, I seem to be immune from mydriasis but I remember it happened during my first experiences with psychedelic stimulants.
I think my pupils stopped dilating after a period of frequent use of high dose aMT (100-150mg single dose oral or insufflated) and 25i NBOME (0.5-1.5mg single dose, insufflated).
More often than not, the 2 would be combined and a few times MDMA (250-500mg oral) and/or MXE (30-45mg) and/or MDAI (100-250mg oral) have been added to that as well.
This kind of consumption went on for a couple years, frequency was weekly or fortnightly, with some longer breaks here and there.
2 years and a half ago I had a break for a year or so and now I'm not using any of those substances, only milder stuff like 2c-b, DOB or LSD or 4 aco DMT, some MDMA in medium dosages like 150-175mg.

I never known anybody else whose pupils do not expand when high, anybody here has any clue as to what's going on?
As far as I understand mydriasis is caused by stimulation of adrenaline receptors by either adrenaline or by dopamine, and that somehow also serotonin can cause it (I ignore the way that can happen).
To be noted that I seem to have a reduced adrenergic response in general to drugs, scares, excitement etc.

Any thoughts?

Ambient lighting conditions play a role, also everyone is intrinsically somewhat different in how their body responds to drugs.

Lack of pupil dilation is not indicative of any sort of problem, it's just a somewhat convenient red herring (no officer, I'm not on the Drugs!)

Yes it has been convenient multiple times. I never ever have experiened bruxism, just jaw tension.
What brought me to post this question it's that years ago I definitely had my pupils dilate A LOT every time I used a stim, straight or psychedelic, and then they didn't dilate anymore.