• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulant questions

stkbbuss

Greenlighter
I'm new here so bear with me. I have a friend who takes stimulants often. When he takes them he tends to binge. When he takes a lot he often experiences an uncomfortable feeling in his right arm from the armpit area down to the wrist. It doesn't really hurt as much as it feels tight and uncomfortable. He has done endless research and can't find anything on it. Any ideas?

Please log out of your regular account before posting! - :)!

is your 'friend' you? if so, please just call yourself 'i' as it is against the rules otherwise.

i have experienced some strange feelings in my arms but mainly my left from using stimulants occasionally. maybe it's time for a break, eh?

anonymous ----> BDD

It's hard telling, possibly vasoconstriction/blood pressure issues. It can help to use a vasodilator when using stims, and of course not to binge excessively. It could be/become a very serious issue and the best advise would be to lay off all stims for awhile.

What sort of stims are we talking about if you don't mind me asking?

Does he find his hands also get cold? if so this (along with the pain) could be indicative of vasocontriction and reduced blood flow in the hands.

Yup his hands get cold. He found that if he takes .1 to .3 mg of clonidine it does the trick. Thanks for everyone's feedback. It was much appreciated

Niacin is a safe and effective vasodilator. The niaciniamide version doesn't work as well. I got mine in 500mg caps, 20 to 50mg is effective dose, you will get a brief flush which feels good. Avoid the time release niacin which is linked to liver problems.

Honestly it's probably nothing. I sometimes get weird feelings in my arms or legs from amphetamine. It's probably anxiety-related. What doses are you taking though? If you're taking particularly high doses, it might be an issue to be concerned about, but if you're taking normal doses, I'd say you got nothing to be worried about.

Personally, methylphenidate and its derivatives (like 3,4 CTMP) give me terrible vasoconstriction, much worse than comparable stimulants.