• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants STIMULANT QUESTION: Bicarb or antacid?

Discord1984

Greenlighter
What should I use to maximize the effect of my stimulant (dexamphetamine)? Bicarbonate baking powder or antacids? And how much should I take? A teaspoon of bicarb?

I think you'll find that a significant proportion of any over the counter antacid medication is sodium bicarbonate, aka bicarbonate of soda, aka baking powder. Therefore there's no point wasting money on a branded antacid versus cheap as chips sodium bicarb.

However, I've no idea of the dosage required to potentiate amphetamine, but from experience id say that a teaspoon full of baking soda dissolved in a glass of water is more than enough to alter your stomach pH temporarily.

I think you'll find that a significant proportion of any over the counter antacid medication is sodium bicarbonate, aka bicarbonate of soda, aka baking powder. Therefore there's no point wasting money on a branded antacid versus cheap as chips sodium bicarb.

However, I've no idea of the dosage required to potentiate amphetamine, but from experience id say that a teaspoon full of baking soda dissolved in a glass of water is more than enough to alter your stomach pH temporarily.

I thought OTC antacids were mainly made up of calcium carbonate rather than sodium bicarbonate? Certainly in the U.K. things like Rennie are generally calcium carbonate... Not that it really matters though since, as you say, the point is to raise stomach ph and as such any alkali will do the trick, so best just go for the cheapest one possible, which would be the big box of bicarbonate of soda aka sodium bicarbonate.

I thought OTC antacids were mainly made up of calcium carbonate rather than sodium bicarbonate? Certainly in the U.K. things like Rennie are generally calcium carbonate...

Yeh, I think you're right for the suckable ones - I was thinking more of the fizzy ones like Alka Seltzer. These use sodium bicarb with citric for the effervescent effect.

I've never heard of people doing this before. How effective is it? I can't imagine it's mind bogglingly potent.

Ural, a sachet product to make urine less acidic works well. It adds about 20% potency. A subjective value of course but one from many trials.
Note, the comedown is also drawn out a bit longer too...