• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

stimulant induced involuntary muscle spasms and much much more

broseph

Bluelighter
i came across a problem a few years ago that i haven't managed to pin point. i started having muscle spasms in my legs, they'll jerk in an upwards motion, and i also have facial expressions that i can't seem to control. my body temperature goes through the roof, and i become out of breath. now before you just say i'm getting too high, before this started, i could handle an ungodly amount of stims, considering i've used them consistently since i was thirteen. and didn't start happening till i was in my twenties, and cutting back on the amounts i was using. the wierd thing is it doesn't always happen, and the amount doesn't seem to have any effect on the outcome.

it seems to be some sort of dehydration issue, i figured this out when using mdpv iv. i would chug a bottle of water immediately prior and immediately after my shot, and no spasms or anything. but since the ban, i have had to move on to different substances, and choose different roa's. so this issue has come back up. although drinking lots of coconut water seems to help. and i noticed it had lots of magnesium, and potassium in it, which i used to take to help control the spasms. i'm wondering if taking antacid tablets might also help, cause it might be something to do with the ph in my kidneys?? i don't know. even though i've got ways to control it, i'd like to better understand why it's happening and what exactly it was that changed in me that made it start happening in the first place.

if you have any insight on this, please let me know, any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Me and my speeding mate used to get twitches and muscle spasms from amphetamine sulphate binges.. I think malnourishment, dehydration, sleep deprivation and too much stimulants play a part :p

I never used to get them either.. but a few years of abuse down the line, staying awake and not eating for 3 - 4 days / nights every week.. they came..

I don't get them anymore but i do notice the micro sleep twitches (where I've fallen asleep for less than a second and wake up with a violent twitch) after I've been up for a night or 2 (I don't abuse stimulants anywhere near the degree i used to)

As you mentioned, Magnesium supplements can usually help, they tend to control a lot of the gurning and other muscle problems that come up.

However, if it's something that has been getting worse over time, perhaps it's a sign that you should control your stim use a bit more? You can only control the symptoms so much, it isn't gonna help if the underlying issue isn't getting better.

here’s an update in case anybody on this forum gives a shit or if maybe somebody else came across this same thing and was trying to find info on it.

So from what I can tell, this problem is most common in people that have experienced an overdose on heroin, and experienced one prior to narcan was widely available and were brought back from the brink of death. it also seems to be a thyroid issue. one person told me it was thyroid damage caused by the overdose and that there was some simple remedy for it, although this individual was not a doctor nor was he the most credible source of information. and made me skeptical when he told me this, was still experiencing this problem, yet claimed there was solution. yeah. probably bullshit. but as i go back into the realm of research chems i find myself once again curious about this problem that the be faced, even though i haven’t had it happen in years now. but the promising new stimulants i’ve seen on the horizon have definitely made it a possibility to come back. so if anyone else has some input, please, share. this forum has too many people saying “you shouldn’t do that “ or “its not worth the risk”, people come here for harm reduction because it is SO worth the risk.