• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulant anxiety

Hunter S Mushroom

Greenlighter
Does anybody else get quite bad caffeine anxiety but not much from things like coke/crack/methamphetamine/amphs/etc?

I just find it strange that I enjoy IV coke but coffee puts me right on edge. I assume it's similar to why I find trips when I've taken "heroic doses" to be less anxiety inducing than some of my low to moderate dose trips. It seems to be because I'm so "gone" there's just no room for the thought processes and thought loops that lead to anxiety.

Sure, I think quite a few can relate to your experience, including myself. Caffeine can feel comparatively rough, especially if you're not a habitual caffeine user.

Yeah the only real time I ever liked caffeine, was on meth or coke, both of which had a calming effect for me.

Totally true. As a teenager I did coke, crack, meth, dexedrine, ritalin, mdma... everything... if it was a stimulant, I used it. But I NEVER drank coffee. It gave me too much anxiety.

Slowly over the years I moved from no caffeine to chocolate, then tea, then half-caf coffee, and I now drink full-caff coffee every day.

Lol where's CFC when you need him? He loves to talk about chocolate.

I used to love caffeine in my early teens. If anything I was addicted to energy drinks, in fact I made it a mission of mine to drink every brand available, even going as far as to order foreign brands online to make sure I'd drank every type I could find lol. I ordered a case on Amazon that was the strongest available worldwide (at least it was at this point in time) which costed over ?100 I'm pretty sure. At some point caffeine began really messing me up. I remember at some point it began to just make me tired, as I only got the crash without any real energy boost or "high" so to speak of. If I remember correctly at some point I took a break (assuming I'd enjoy it again once my tolerance was back down) but once I took any caffeine after this tolerance break it began to affect me negatively. The same thing happened to me with cannabis after a 2 month tolerance break.

Lol thought I was the only one with a paradoxical reaction to caffeine. It puts me out anymore, but tbh so did meth there at the end, I'd smoke a bowl to clear the fog then go to sleep.

When I worked for Starbucks and I had access to all the free coffee and espresso I wanted, I would drink a quad espresso, jet black, every morning. It would only serve to make me feel normal. Upon trying to drink one of those bad boys after ceasing to drink anything more caffeinated than an average soda for a year or two, and wowza, talk about amped up, and what a jittery, nasty feeling. Ugh. Never tried it again. Not a fan of energy drinks such as Red Bull or whatever, either, alone or with liquor. Tastes so gross to me, and for any energy I may get, the crash outweighs any benefit.

I never experience stimulant anxiety and I use Adderall in HUGE doses of 100-300mgs in a day. I realize this is rare. I hear auditory hallucinations sometimes but they don't freak me out, cause I know they are temporary. I also have gone manic due to binges, but I get very slap-happy and euphoric.

Sorry, this made me lol.

But seriously that is so bad for you, especially as a kid.

I have a weird thing with caffeine, sometimes it's great and sometimes it gives me really bad anxiety.

I feel you. Sometimes on caffeine I feel a very strange feeling in my feet and legs, like extreme restlessness. Also, I experience crippling anxiety.

Yeah Throwdown it was pretty dumb of me lol. Nowadays when I use stimulants for productivity I usually take benzos with them to negate the negative effects. There's no point doing this with caffeine tho imo for me anyway as the increase in productivity isn't particularly effective and I have a hard time dodging falling headfirst back into my benzo addiction so I try to only use benzos sparingly.

Best of luck walking a super fine, near nonexistent line in trying to use a class of drugs you've been addicted to "sparingly". In my experience, and for many I know, "chipping" as it's generally known, doesn't tend to work out too well, yet it remains a very popular idea among addicts