• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulant Analgaesia

SquidInSunglasses

Bluelighter
I've noticed when I'm in the high of good stimulants (3-FPM and MPA are the ones I have tried, unfortunately can't try others at the moment) pain is suppressed, in particular I have an injury on my ankle that is hurts if I run, jump or go up stairs, but when high I can do all of those and I do not feel any pain from it. Alcohol has a similar effect on this injury, but I assumed that was just the relaxant and numbing effects of alcohol coming into play. Has anyone else found a similar effect from these or other stimulants, or has a good guess as to why I get this effect?

I think you are on to something! A shot of meth right b4 open heart surgery could do the trick :)

I have to find the article, but there is something with dopamine working with pain receptors in the brain. I have experienced similar things with amphetamines on there own. Also when combined with opiates. There is a study on this.

Dopamine is involved in mediating pain, yes. Stimulants like (meth)amphetamine are dopamine agonists, so that would explain the analgesic effect

Stims definately dull pain or atleast person doesn't mind the pain even if he feels it.

I for once faced a guy who was definately doing steroids and under influence of meth while he started wreaking havoc in a place I was doing my patrol as a security officer.

As he tried to dash upon me I started defending myself by spraying OC and got a clear hit to his face but that didn't do anything except gave me an advantage of a less than second which luckily was enough for me to draw out telescopic baton and to start whooping his ass off.

Normally one or two hits to larger muscles are enough to incapacitate average guy but as I watched that fight from surveillance tape I found out that I managed to land over forty direct hits to that stim user before he was slowed enough in order for me to take a hold off him and cuff him.

Stims definately dull pain or atleast person doesn't mind the pain even if he feels it. I for once faced a guy who was definately doing steroids and under influence of meth while he started wreaking havoc in a place I was doing my patrol as a security officer. As he tried to dash upon me I started defending myself by spraying OC and got a clear hit to his face but that didn't do anything except gave me an advantage of a less than second which luckily was enough for me to draw out telescopic baton and to start whooping his ass off. Normally one or two hits to larger muscles are enough to incapacitate average guy but as I watched that fight from surveillance tape I found out that I managed to land over forty direct hits to that stim user before he was slowed enough in order for me to take a hold off him and cuff him.
Fuck. That's a lot. I'm sure there are worse examples, but that's a lot to me. I'll never mix. That reminds me. Time to get in shape.