• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Still skeptical, what are your thoughts?

GmanFreeman

Greenlighter
I recently purchased a cheap ehrlich reagent test kit (I'm a broke college student) from wimscilabs.com, and unfortunately the color change was purple for any reaction that involved the following substances:

Psilocybin, Psilocin, 4-ACO-DMT, LSD, DMT, AMT, 5-MEO-AMT, 5-MEO-MIPT, and 5-MEO-DMT.

So basically it is impossible to distinguish which substance it is. I put a full blotter in the test vial and put the reagent in and right away the purple color reaction began within 30 seconds and became progressively darker over time. The test kit directions also stated that no reaction would occur (no color change) if the substance in question was an nbome chemical. Obviously it is not Psilocybin, Psilocin, 4-ACO-DMT, or 5-MEO-DMT, but I'm not entirely sure about the other substances. As an anecdote, I did end up taking a half tab along with another half tab of some real acid, and I gave my girlfriend the same combination. We both have done acid previously quite a few times, and both agreed the entire trip felt like an acid trip, with all the familiar features. I had another freind try it and he took an entire tab, and he also agreed it felt like acid (having previously tired it many times). The trip also lasted around 8 to 9 hours, with slight after affects most of the night (usual for me). So basically it seems like acid, however the one thing that tipped me off the first time I tried it was a very slight metallic taste. Now I've had 25i on blotter before and it didnt taste like that at all (overwhelming and very camphor chemical smell), but it was just enough to tip me off. I doubt it is 5-MEO-AMT because from what Shulgin has described in Tikhal he describes alot of vomitting and pains, along with very little psychedelic activtiey. To be fair, I have no idea what dosage is on the tabs but it felt light on the body and very visually trippy, like acid should. ANYWAYS, I wrote this long as paragraph so you all could provide some well thought out feed back. Thanks!

Psilocybin, Psilocin, 4-ACO-DMT, LSD, DMT, AMT, 5-MEO-AMT, 5-MEO-MIPT, and 5-MEO-DMT.

So basically it is impossible to distinguish which substance it is. I put a full blotter in the test vial and put the reagent in and right away the purple color reaction began within 30 seconds and became progressively darker over time. The test kit directions also stated that no reaction would occur (no color change) if the substance in question was an nbome chemical. Obviously it is not Psilocybin, Psilocin, 4-ACO-DMT, or 5-MEO-DMT, but I'm not entirely sure about the other substances.

DMT: Orally inactive unless combined with an MAO inhibitor. No way to fit a typical dose onto a blotter, let alone a typical dose of DMT and the requisite MAOI.
AMT: Typically dosed around ~20 mg. Too much for a blotter.
5-MeO-MiPT: Typical dose is ~10 mg. Still too much for a blotter.
5-MeO-AMT: Active below 5 mg. Could theoretically fit onto a blotter, but is far rarer than actual LSD. Also likely distinguishable due to the very long-lasting effects.

This is just good LSD, the very slight metallic taste can come from the ink or sometimes i have found alot stronger lsd that is very clean with no body load had a slight eletric 9v touch to the tounge for 2 seconds very very slight taste but was LSD. No need to worry it passed the reagent test no need to put a full blotter in them aswell just a corner of a tab is fine.

To be fair, I have no idea what dosage is on the tabs but it felt light on the body and very visually trippy, like acid should.
As far as my experience with LSD goes, with one tab, light body load yes, but very visually trippy? No way, I mean very visually trippy, IME ofc, is a full dose of DOI, NBOMEs or DMT.
We must have either a different definition of visually trippy or very different sensitivity to the visual effects of LSD.

As far as my experience with LSD goes, with one tab, light body load yes, but very visually trippy? No way, I mean very visually trippy, IME ofc, is a full dose of DOI, NBOMEs or DMT.
We must have either a different definition of visually trippy or very different sensitivity to the visual effects of LSD.
Your tabs would be pretty weak then. One tab of a strong dose of acid will have the world melting and heavy visuals. Depending on your part of the world LSD can even be dosed up to 500 ug on a tab.

Ok, I mad a mistake saying "1 tab" as that is not a standard.
100ug, no visuals, just enhancement
150ug, stronger enhancement, low level CEV, no OEV.
200ug, no OEV except for almost invisible tracers and some smoothing, some decent CEV.
250ug, very mild OEV like small tracers, more smoothing some colour alterations, good CEV show but still nothing to write home about.
This is for me, no tolerance. YMMV ofc.

Ok, I mad a mistake saying "1 tab" as that is not a standard.
100ug, no visuals, just enhancement
150ug, stronger enhancement, low level CEV, no OEV.
200ug, no OEV except for almost invisible tracers and some smoothing, some decent CEV.
250ug, very mild OEV like small tracers, more smoothing some colour alterations, good CEV show but still nothing to write home about.
This is for me, no tolerance. YMMV ofc.
Acid is different for every one. The strongest tabs i have taken had no UG dosage on them was just told its very strong and it hit harder than 4 onion 100 ug tabs. For me 100 ug is mild open eye visuals trip lasts about 8 hours peak is over fast i have to really put my self and trance out staring at the forest for things to morph. 250 ug this trip will last a good 10-12 hours strong open eye visuals morphing eyes geometric patterns overlaying my vision mixed with cannabis LSD with show you the true nature of how far reality can change before your own eyes. 300-350 ug this is where things start getting more spiritual and of a religious nature fractal visuals the carpet will be morphing and changing an opening up having visual depth and visuals upon visuals in the fractals. Pretty much the start of a samadhi enlighten lsd state body high feels amazing and the true love of lsd outshines mdma here. 500 ug reality and time will be so far gone from what you considered normal you are well within a LSD reality at this point seeing all the time space dimesions pretty much feels like you are christ for a few hours during the peak with the love and enlightment of LSD i no longer hit cannabis at this dose cause things get way to confusing and shot through time and space into other realms. I am very sensitive to the visual effects of psychedelics though over the years its almost like a reverse tolerance has hit me after two trips at 1000ug + opened my mind to much now i trip hard on lower doses.

I see, I just never appreciated LSD as many others as the effect of confusion and inability to make memories becomes too strong before I reach even +++, making the experience useless for me...
Never gotten fractal visuals or geometric patterns unless CEV, never any OEV that was more than a light modification of reality.

I see, I just never appreciated LSD as many others as the effect of confusion and inability to make memories becomes too strong before I reach even +++, making the experience useless for me...
Never gotten fractal visuals or geometric patt
Stanislov grof had intresting research on how some people can resist alot of LSD effects even up to 500 ug so he injected one client with 1500 ug during a session to pry open his mind and destory any resistance for further trips. I have tripped with friends and while the world was melting away before my eyes they had little visual effects

I don't have a resistance problem that I know of though, I trip very well off of all phenethylamines or triptamines I tried, and even AL LAD showed more potential than LSD for me.
The only thing I can think of it's the relatively low affinity for 5HT2A.

Stanislov grof had intresting research on how some people can resist alot of LSD effects even up to 500 ug so he injected one client with 1500 ug during a session to pry open his mind and destory any resistance for further trips. I have tripped with friends and while the world was melting away before my eyes they had little visual effects

Can confirm this. I am unfortunately someone who requires larger-than-average amounts of any psychedelic, and have been this way my whole life. Sucks, because it makes it more expensive for me ?

Thank you all for the feedback. It is much appreciated. I have always had a high sensitivity to psychedelics regardless of the dosage (with some exceptions). Honestly psychedelics just hit me hard with the visuals. My best friend is nearly a full blooded Native American and has an insane tolerance to psychedelics. I've literally seen him eat a ten strip of some pretty heavy stuff and function more normally than I could off just two or three tabs. Just to make sure the reagent test wasn't bullshit, I did a "control test" with a regular piece of printer paper, and no reaction occurred. Seems legit enough for now. At this point I'm fairly confident it is acid. However, out of curiosity I will probably buy a more advanced test kit when funding allows. For now, I will stick with half a tab each time just to play it safe. At this point in my life, I barely have enough time to squeeze in four trips per year. I hope all of your individual journeys are leading you guys on good paths in life. My path has been extremely rough lately, to put it nicely. Cheers!

My best friend is nearly a full blooded Native American and has an insane tolerance to psychedelics. I've literally seen him eat a ten strip of some pretty heavy stuff and function more normally than I could off just two or three tabs
IME visuals and cognitive function are separated qualities of a high, so in instance LSD will make it difficult for me to interact with reality due to extreme fuckery state my short term memory and attention span will be.
Or, while high on phenethylamine hallucinogens, I can see the real world melting while at the same time I see another imaginary world as well with a set of eyes I do not actually have, I can't see what is real and what is not to the point I have no idea if the floor is dry or there are 2 fingers of water everywhere and I have to ask, and at the same time I have no clue if I either peed myself to a completely drenched state, sweated myself to that state, or am perfectly fine instead, and I have to ask and go check myself. And still, act perfectly normal and sober to the point the people (including blood brother that knows me and we live together and we get high together) I ask if the floor or my body are wet think I'm messing with them and I am in fact not high.