Irritated Still craving benzos

Mch1

Bluelighter
Last year from August into January of this year, I took benzos every other day or so. Mostly xanax, etizolam, and my personal favorite, ativan. I quit because I felt like I was becoming addicted. Stopped cold turkey, as I figured that my usage wasn't heavy enough to put me at seizure risk. It was about a week of intense discomfort. I started taking phenibut to deal with anxiety around then, but it doesn't do much for me any more.

This past month, I've been getting strong cravings to start benzos again. Lots of other drugs make me think of them. I've been off them for a couple months now, but they still have a hold on me. I know I shouldn't start back on them, but I really fucking want to. Is this craving going to go away? I was fine without them from January until the end of March, but now I think about them all the time. Sounds dumb, I know. Any tips to make the frequent cravings stop?

It doesn't sound dumb, benzos have a notorious mental addiction as well. Imo your best bet is to try and treat the underlying anxiety, or whatever else, that is causing you to seek solace in benzos. This could be through therapy, meditation, exercise, other medication and so on.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but it's really the best one. If you don't treat the underlying issues you will continuously find yourself self medicating.