• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Still coming down or is something wrong?

Aabbcc

Greenlighter
So 13 days ago I rolled on crystal mdma. I did not test it and I recognize that there could've been other substances but I bought it from a trusted source. I have rolled two other times before all a couple of months a part and have had great experiences overall. This past time, I had more than I probably should've. I went to a music festival and over the course of the day/night I had about .6 in total. I started with .2 and finger dabbed the rest of the time to keep the roll going. During my initial come up, my heart began beating extremely fast and I felt a little nauseous which has never happened before but it went away after a couple of minutes and I figured it was just my trying to process what I had put into it. I had a great night. The next day I felt like crap which was expected but the day after I felt fine. About a week later I began to notice this dull pressure in my head accompanied by a tingling sensation on my scalp. I also noticed a slight tightness in my chest. The tingling is actually kind of pleasurable and no symptom is too distracting in any way. I'm sleeping, eating, and exercising like I did before I rolled. My mental capacity is still as sharp although sometimes i feel a little foggy. I don't feel anxious or depressed at all. I'm guess I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them? I think it's curious that it started a week after the fact but its not going away which has me worried. The symptoms fluctuate with their intensity except for the tightness in my chest. That seems to be going away but I am not sure. It's also possible this is completely unrelated to the mdma. I don't know though I thought I would get a fresh opinion.

Since I noticed the symptoms I have stopped all drug use (caffeine and weed. I should mention I smoked a little after coming down that night). I'm 19 years old and a pretty healthy guy. I'm a swimmer and eat fairly healthy. I picked up some vitamins and omega 3 fish oil pills today to see if that helps.

So what do you all think? Is this typical after taking a lot of mdma? Is it unrelated? Will it go away?

I also want to reiterate that overall I feel fine. I just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with my brain or body.

Hey Aabbcc, sorry you are feeling this way. I have only done x twice in my life (4 months ago), where those two times happened to be in one weekend. Of course I didn't have crystal like you did.. I had untested molly which is still fucking with me to this day. I guess I had .2 in each dose, but there's no telling.. I was a newbie and I was willing to try whatever. So probably did around .4 overall. I started feeling tingling in my head about 3-4 weeks after my experience. I went through a BUNCH of crazy ass symptoms. But since it is the only symptom you feel along with a tightness in your chest, I assume you will be fine in a matter of a couple of weeks. The fact that you don't feel any other symptoms besides those says a lot. At least you can still get along normally in your life.

Currently, I suffer from really bad head pressure from that experience of mine. It started off as tingling as you described. Then it escalated. I don't think yours will though. My head pressure is directly related to my stress levels. I take advil now when it gets really bad. Maybe try some advil in your situation and it will help? I have yet to find a supplement besides advil that actually significantly alleviates my head pressure. I was on Celexa for a while, and that did the trick for a week or two, then it came back. In your case, you don't need an SSRI or anything crazy like that. Just wait it out, basically. I've been suffering for 4 months now.. you're only at two weeks, you'll pull through man trust me.

Try to meditate if you can, eat healthy, continue with the vitamins and supplements, etc. Discontinue drug and alcohol use until you feel recovered. I made the mistake of getting hammered this past weekend during my recovery and it did not go very well. Hope you get better, man. I think in about two weeks you will have fully recovered. Hopefully your head sensations do not escalate like mine did.

Oh and the reason probably no one was answering was because everyone is sure you are going to be okay. There have been tons of cases on this website far worse from effects of MDMA abuse. You mention you don't feel anxious, depressed, etc. You mainly feel physical symptoms which is very good. I don't know how to comment on the tightness in your chest though. Maybe someone who has experienced it can. Sorry about that one

Speculating that you did take around 600mg of MDMA throughout one day is enough to make me think that you are experiencing normal post MDMA effects, although heightened because you abused it. You'll be fine in time. You should definitely go see a doctor about your chest and be honest with them about what you did.

Best of luck, and report back.

Thanks everyone! Ggarza921, I'm sorry that's happened to you. I definitely noticed the pressure would get worse if I began to
Over think it and get anxiety about having anxiety but as long as I don't get paranoid I feel fine. I'll give Advil a try. Thanks for the tip. Diloadid, ill definitely mention it to my doctor. Especially if that symptoms doesn't get better. Your heart is definitely something you don't want to mess with.

It's a relief to know that these are typical physical reactions the week following. It was just driving me nuts trying to figure out what it was. Ill definitely report back in a few weeks with my progress. Thanks, and ill keep you posted :)

The chest tightening sounds like a panic attack, or the symptoms which occur before atleast.

Googness gracious you did .6?!

Shulgins recommended basic theory for MD is 1.7mg/kg but that is a standard level that is considered acceptable not taking Ito account for factors of weight/height/tolerance/diet etc. Even if your weigh 350kg+ that is crazy. Your serotonin receptors just took a massive beating that night taking 3 times what is usually a very high recreational dose.

The good news is that your symptoms are physical and not mental, I'm putting that towards your good diet and high levels of cardio exercise (swimming is easily one of the best ways I like to exercise after a roll). Keep away from the weed and if you can keep away from all drugs including caffeine as caffeine suppresses the serotonin levels in the brain. Make sure to keep eating, healthy if possible; when the body gets hungry serotonin levels drop and that's no good because we want them nice and high.

In conclusion you are going to be fine and everything is going to be alright. Just don't do drugs for a minimum of three months if you truly care about your brain and want to be at optimal peak again. Even at 3 I'd be highly hesitant but it's a small goal to start with and depending on your drug habits this could seem like an eternity to you. Just follow my tips and you'll be fine, remember the best weapon for brain recovery is a positive attitude. :)

EDIT: If you can't handle a minimum of three months away from drugs, PLEASE for your own sake, make sure you do not roll again and instead do other drugs. This is due to the highly sensitive nature of the serotonin receptors compared to the dopamine receptors. Although both are very delicate, putting it in basic comparison the serotonin receptors are made of crystal compared to a granite dopamine. This is absolutely crucial to remember.

Goog luck my friend, always remember (everyone) that no one is ever alone on the path to recovery.

PLUR

Hey everyone,

I've noticed on a lot of these threads that people say they will check back but don't and I found that annoying so here I am. It's been a month since the after effects took place and to be honest, they've improved but not gone away completely. The tightness in my chest has gone away and .:Holy::Toast:. I think you were right about the panic attacks because I have had them before and the tightness sometimes returns if I get anxious or stressed. The same with the head tingling/pressure. It seems to have gone away and only returns when I am stressed or frustrated. It used to be a continuous feeling but now because it is only present periodically, I hope that means I am steadily recovering.

In case anyone is going through similar symptoms, I have found that 5HTP helps. I have found that weed actually helps too just because I think it generally lowers anxiety/stress but anything with caffeine tends to aggravate it. I haven't really gotten drunk but I am assuming it wouldn't help but I've wine with dinner (my family is very italian) and nothing seems to happen.

If anything drastic changes I'll definitely post again but I think my brain is slowly recovering. Afterlyfestyle, do not worry. I am most likely not going to ever roll again and if I do, it won't be for a VERY long time. I've had my fun but honestly I get just as happy getting really drunk. I don't want to risk doing anything permanent.

It's been about 9 weeks since my last MDMA binge. Really bad symptoms as the ones described. It took about three weeks for me to start getting back to normal. Get as much rest as possible. Exercise and eat healthy. You will recover just give it time. It's never a bad idea to see a neurologist. Make sure you take a break from MDMA and any other drugs...a long break. Like 6 months maybe more.

I took some mdma 6 days ago i took about 300mg and i guess it was about 1 Month before i did it last. Ever snice ive had this pressure in My scalp, i havent had headaces or felt super Down just this permanent pressure. Im really scared about this situation Can anyone tell me what is going on and if anyone has had the same experience and how long i should expect it to go on, should i see a doctor ?