• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

stiff neck and meth use, is it somewhat common

DuckEcho

Bluelighter
i was wondering if it was somewhat common to get a stiff neck from using meth. ive been kind of sore in other places but they dont feel stiff (knees, legs) and i havent slept much in the past week maybe 2-3 hours a night and im getting really paranoid cause i look shit up online and ill see something that may apply to me and i get pretty nervous. reason i am nervous is because one post said it can be permanant also today is the only day that along with the stiffness i have an odd feeling in the lobes of my ears

Come to think of it, I've noticed the same in the past too. Definitely not permanent or anything to worry about on its own.

Muscle tension is common, lasts a while afterwards but probably not permanent. Have you taken any vitamins?

I am definitely drinking enough water and it only happened about 20 mins or so after i did a small line from a new batch. i have to keep swallowing cause it feels like my ears are clogging up and i havent done a bit of this shit since i got this reaction a924 hours ago). i do notice now its my ears more than my neck they feel very warm and tense. i can barely sleep but i was able to fall asleep for about 30-40mins at a time every few hours and when id wake up i wouldnt feel any of those sensations until i started moving my head.

so how the hell would meth do this, the best i can find online is an ear infection or something but i have no fever

Take some magnesium as well (about 500mg), and stretch often. You don't realise how much you are tensing up involuntarily until you consciously focus on being relaxed.

sounds like sinus infection, I'm pretty sure not all symptoms are guaranteed to be present in any illness.

yea i have no clue what it is. i finally got to sleep for about 6 hours which is the longest since ive done the drug and its still there. meh guess ill make a doctor appt and see whats up

Ive been using meth for about a year now and lately im getting an EXTREMELY stiff neck (mainly in the front and sides) and it feels like my throat is swollen or something. The center of my chest also gets very tight. I can breath but its not very comfortable.....any advice is appreciated!!

I'd suggest finding a new source or cutting back. I've had the same issues come from both those options before. Increase potassium intake. Drink water with electrolytes.