• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

steroid induced cholestasis increases opioid blood levels and duration?

drostanolone

Greenlighter
hi,
i am new here and have a rather strange question. i have used steroids for many years, most of the time blasting/cruising, meaning taking a high dosage for some time, then reducing to a maintenance dose, in order not to fully come off and lose muscle.
anyhow, it is common practice to use oral steroids in order to kickstart a cycle or simply for the fact that a lot of them are more potent than most injectables minus a few, which have their own set of sides.
now most effective orals are 17-alpha-alkylated and cause a state of mild cholestasis which is usually not a big deal if not used for excessive periods of time with long enough breaks in between. however, i found myself being on orals quite a large part of the time, as some of my favourites happen to be 17-aa steroids.
now i was never close to liver failure or anything but did get times of nausea, appetite loss, heartburn, dark urine etc. which is when i usually removed the oral. however, eve without these sign the liver takes a beating trying to remove the steroid during first pass metabolism but being unable to do so due to its structure.

now i have read that opioids reach higher blood levels and have a longer half-life in patients with hepatic impairments. currently i haven't taken any aas for many months and strangely i have started having withdrawal symptoms in between my doses of oxycodone, despite having been able to reduce my tolerance, so it is not a matter of increased tolerance but shorter duration. could it be that while i was giving my liver a beating by almost always having a mild case of cholestasis and elevated liver enzymes, that my oxycodone levels remained high for a longer amount of time?
i just came up with this theory because i have been wondering how i could go 12-14 hours without any oxycodone without withdrawal while at this moment i would feel anxiety coming up 3-5 hours after dosing, depending on amount and roa.

i have just started a new cycle of aas including orals and was wondering wether this could, in some perverted way, help me get more out of my medicine. (i am prescribed oxycodone)

thanks for any advice and sorry for the slightly strange first post

I don't know for sure but on the comedown of some oxy I started my steroids for my back and it brought back the euphoria and itches all over. So I think steroids of all kinds not just for muscles mass but for back pain as well can potentiate opiods I haven't read that anywhere but that's what I felt when I took my first dose.

I think you're on to something. If you're taking your oxy orally, and your liver is indeed damaged, that's probably the culprit.

My buddy had hep c and when he drank alcohol, a little bit would get him more fucked up than if I drank the same amount. Probably bc his liver wasn't at 100%

On another note dude make sure you're taking some kind of liver support supplements if you keep doing orals for any longer than 30 days! I hope you knew that. Orals can fuck up your shit. I did 2 months of oral d-bols and I was hurting afterwards. No long-term sides tho luckily.