• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Stepping down off opiates help

ch33tos

Greenlighter
So I'm trying to step down off if Oxys. I've been taking Roxys for a while. For me, I know the higher my tolerance, the stronger the withdrawals are going to be. My question is, while a lot of forums say that one 30mg Roxy is equal to three 10mg hydrocodone, it's never felt like that is true. I can take one and a half hydrocodone, but a half of a 30mg Roxy will always feel much stronger. I have a bunch of hydrocodone to help me step down, but I need to know the correct "balance" between the two so that I don't take too much hydrocodone and throw off my stepdown, or take too little and risk under dosing, thus throwing of my "psychological" stepdown. So, what is the correct balance? What is one Roxy equal to in hydrocodone?
I've also ordered a bunch of Kratom concentrate. I've tried this before "recreationally", and think it could help with the psychological side, after I have finished all the pills.

Dunno about the hydro/roxy but you should look into ultra low dose naltrexone for harm reduction and an easier time coming off an opioids because your receptors will be getting upregulated

Dunno about the hydro/roxy but you should look into ultra low dose naltrexone for harm reduction and an easier time coming off an opioids because your receptors will be getting upregulated

Okay, this sounds good. How do I get naltrexone? I have no doctor or insurance.

Okay, this sounds good. How do I get naltrexone? I have no doctor or insurance.
Your best bet is to go to a walk in clinic and ask for a 14-28 day supply. Just pay out of pocket that one time and you'll be set. You'll probably end up saving money because you will require less opioids. Just don't tell them the real reason you want it because most doctors won't get it. Say you want it to completely block the effects of opiates.

Your best bet is to go to a walk in clinic and ask for a 14-28 day supply. Just pay out of pocket that one time and you'll be set. You'll probably end up saving money because you will require less opioids. Just don't tell them the real reason you want it because most doctors won't get it. Say you want it to completely block the effects of opiates.
This sounds like a situation where wording is important. Tell them I want to " completely block the effects of opiates, or the withdrawals from opiates?
Will I need to prove I had a legal prescription to opiates in the first place?
(..sorry if these are dumb questions, I e never been to a walk-in clinic for something like this before..)

This sounds like a situation where wording is important. Tell them I want to " completely block the effects of opiates, or the withdrawals from opiates?
Will I need to prove I had a legal prescription to opiates in the first place?
(..sorry if these are dumb questions, I e never been to a walk-in clinic for something like this before..)
No worries. Just say you're tempted to use opiates again and you need the naltrexone so that in the event of a slip up, you won't get high. It's kind of the same reasoning an alcoholic takes antabuse, if they drink while on it, they get extremely sick instead of getting a buzz.

No worries. Just say you're tempted to use opiates again and you need the naltrexone so that in the event of a slip up, you won't get high. It's kind of the same reasoning an alcoholic takes antabuse, if they drink while on it, they get extremely sick instead of getting a buzz.
Great!! Okay, I think this is what I want. So it's kind of like Chantix (spelling?) for help with quitting smoking?

Great!! Okay, I think this is what I want. So it's kind of like Chantix (spelling?) for help with quitting smoking?
I'm not sure Chantix is the best example since it was discontinued last June. But yeah just say you want naltrexone to stop you from getting high. That will get you a prescription. Then just follow the directions outlined in the thread I posted. It really is a great tool.